BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fallschirmjäger helmet repro. Any idea of value please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallschirmjäger helmet repro. Any idea of value please?

Hi,
    I know many forum members hate discussing values of items but maybe an exception could be made in this case.
    What type of Fallschirmjäger helmet is this supposed to be and would it be any good anyway for a re-anactor or isn't it worth while even buying it?
    So, could anyone please tell me what the rough value of this repro Fallschirmjäger helmet is which I have just now come across while here in Austria. The reason I ask is that an aquaintance of mine is into re-enactment of WW2 German parachute troops with several of his friends and to put it bluntly if I were to buy this helmet it would only be to sell it on to him. I'm not interested in making a great profit, I only want a fair deal for him (and myself!) but I have no idea what I should pay for a repro such as this. The helmet is in excellent condition inside and out with just a few surface scratches on the outside. The leather interior is virtually as new.
    Any rough idea of what I should pay would be most useful.
    Thanks in advance,
    Terry.
    Attached Files

b)
    Attached Files

Comment

The liner isn't even close. Shell looks really flimsy. Really kind of a bad repro. You could find a better Chinese made one for cheap that has a better liner out to the FJ Werke helmets that cost a pretty penny. Do think this one is worth consideration to be honest.

Comment

$75, at most.
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

In the way it looks like, I don't think any reenactor would buy it. Maybe a biker...
          At least, this helmet should be repainted in Feldgrau to be suitable for reenacting.

Comment

Looks like Austrian liner...

Comment

Originally posted by gigoo View Post
              Looks like Austrian liner...
              Austrian from what kind of helmet?

Best, Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X