Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M38 SD FJ from estand

Hi Guys

is there something wrong with this helmet that no one wants to buy it ?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=978955&page=3

Nothing wrong with it at all , except the price and possibly the small size. Factor in the painful way the seller started far too high and has been constantly bumping the helmet over months and months ! Watching the price drop has been an exhausting process.

Comment

I agree with SMP.
      The helmet is very nice, I like it, even it's not a big size (55).
      IMO the price is still a little bit high..

Michele

Comment

Still a way to go before it reaches market value.
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

While I am no expert, the exterior textured paint and decal are identical to my M40 Luft. I always find the seller's postings and descriptions interesting, but as mentioned in this thread, seeing the asking price go from one extreme to another over a period of time suggests to me that the actual value of the item is a mystery to the seller. No offense to anyone, that is just my perception.

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post
            Nothing wrong with it at all , except the price and possibly the small size. Factor in the painful way the seller started far too high and has been constantly bumping the helmet over months and months ! Watching the price drop has been an exhausting process.
            This periodic exercise by the owner reminds me of Chinese water torture. He starts with an unrealistically high price and then knocks it down a few dollars every now and then so that drip by drip, it drives everyone crazy. Virtually all of his posts, all of his contributions to this Forum, are knocking down his crazy high prices $50 or so from time to time. Then he stops (before reaching true market value). Months later he starts the process all over again. Very annoying.
            When you go home
            Tell them for us and say
            For your tomorrow
            We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
            Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Originally posted by WalterB View Post
              This periodic exercise by the owner reminds me of Chinese water torture. He starts with an unrealistically high price and then knocks it down a few dollars every now and then so that drip by drip, it drives everyone crazy. Very annoying.
              That's a great comparison lol.

Comment

No fault of the seller's...but people aren't exactly standing in line to do bank transfers to Russia either

Comment

It started at $8500, now it's down to $6500, when it gets down to $4500 it will be about right. Another 5-6 months or so....

Comment

Originally posted by Luftm40 View Post
                    No fault of the seller's...but people aren't exactly standing in line to do bank transfers to Russia either
                    I know many people who will not do a bank transfer period. To me it is a very bad way to purchase something.
                    Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by SkaraBrae View Post
                      It started at $8500, now it's down to $6500, when it gets down to $4500 it will be about right. Another 5-6 months or so....
                      market price should around 5000 ? Its not my subject but i know it woud be a nice filler for my collection

Comment

A spanner bolt single decal will bring more that this one. I am not willing to fix an exact value until I see some close-ups of the liner band, the bolts, and the nuts. So far, based on the photos, it appears to have been apart.
                        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff V View Post
                          I know many people who will not do a bank transfer period. To me it is a very bad way to purchase something.
                          You'd have to be out of your mind to send a bank transfer to Russia. unless your uncle is an FSB agent.

Comment

Originally posted by SkaraBrae View Post
                            You'd have to be out of your mind to send a bank transfer to Russia. unless your uncle is an FSB agent.
                            I think you already out of your mind, saying this...
                            Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by Sturm 74 View Post
                              I think you already out of your mind, saying this...
                              Maybe. But not so far gone as to send $6500.00 to Russia by bank transfer with absolutely ZERO legal recourse if the seller just keeps the money and sends nothing. Unless your uncle is KSB.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X