Thoughts on this photo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on this photo.

Have a binder full of photos that have been tucked away. Thoughts on this one please.
    Attached Files
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

KILLER 100% unqestionable period produced print

Note the colored piping on the Crusher as opposed to the white piped shoulder boards....

Comment

Have probably seen 10 or more of this one over the years. Here is a colorized one recently sold by eMedals.

https://www.emedals.com/germany-a-wa...ross-1st-class

Comment

It reads: "Gruesse Euch aus Salzburg, Euer Richard"
        I don't like the handwriting, it looks forced and not consisted in the letter renditions.

Comment

naxos, I agree with you!
          it looks like a 95 year old wrote that.

Comment

writing

Apparently Richard did not learn about the rundes "S" and was lax on his placing a dash over all letters "U".

Comment

Hello, this picture was reprinted from an original photo-negative in Graz \ Styria (done by a militatia dealer in the 90th).
              Regards
              Otto

Comment

Thanks gentlemen!
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

The brother of this one:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1000098

Postcard-sized portrait with deckle edge, very thin white border, generic photo paper with no brand markings, studio marks or numbers, or obvious age.

Two elite and very desirable portrait photos of two different men, made exactly the same. What a coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by SkaraBrae View Post

Two elite and very desirable portrait photos of two different men, made exactly the same. What a coincidence.
                    Indeed! And that is why I posted both.

The value in attending numerous shows for decades, as compared to surfing the internet, is that you get to see numerous copies of these "sexy" photos. A conversation I once had with the gentleman who claims the photo on a previous thread is a relative. I had already seen dozens of that photo and he thought he had the only one.
                    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by naxos View Post
                      It reads: "Gruesse Euch aus Salzburg, Euer Richard"
                      I don't like the handwriting, it looks forced and not consisted in the letter renditions.
                      Hardy, thanks for confirming my thoughts.
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
                        Indeed! And that is why I posted both.

The value in attending numerous shows for decades, as compared to surfing the internet, is that you get to see numerous copies of these "sexy" photos. A conversation I once had with the gentleman who claims the photo on a previous thread is a relative. I had already seen dozens of that photo and he thought he had the only one.
                        And yet while people are rightly identifying the SS one as a well-known copy on this thread, there is ooh-ahh thumbs-up great photo blessings on the thread for the Narvik one - - both clearly made on the same day by the same faker. And it's still being sold on the e-Stand as original. Go figure.

Comment

While I can not put my hand on the Bible and swear they are fake, or made by the same hand on the same day, I can do what is the accepted WAF policy for Moderators. That is to post the discussion link on the E-Stand thread, to allow for a prospective buyer to make an informed decision.
                          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X