Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffenschule Aalten 1944

Hello Everybody,

Baron von der Heydte was send to the waffenschule in Aalten at the 23rd of october 1944 where he became the commander of the waffenschule. The purpose of taking von der Heydte to Aalten, was to gather a ''kampf-gruppe'' of well trained and experienced fallschirmjager (aproximately 150 persons per regiment) and to prepare for a jump behind enemy lines (not knowing that the area of operations would be in the Belgium Ardennes). like Always plans did not went the way they should, so von der Heydte already had to deal with a lot of problems. More detailed information already is writen in other topics about Operation Stösser.

I live in the village of Aalten and since my youth i am interested in the second world war, this year it will be 75 years ago since operation Stösser was executed. I'm willing to set up a exposition about this topic in the old ''ortskommandantur'' building in Aalten. I would like to ask help from every body who has more information about the stay of these Fallschirmjagers in Aalten, does some of you have pictures or story's heard from veterans or documents about the(ir) stay in Aalten? all information is welcome

additional information

Hereby a picture found in a german Fallschirmjager mitteilungsblatt from 1955, i have posted a message at a bingen am rhein app to find the young private mentioned in this document. Still hope to find someone who will and can help me providing more information about the waffen-schule in aalten.[IMG]Fallschirmjager-aalten_LI[/IMG]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X