M38 camo helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
    Wow, a POW for more than 3 years.....poor guy couldn't even go home to help his family. Unfortunately that was very common.
    Actually it was even worse for him: he was born in Steinbach near Angerburg in East Prussia, which is now Kamienna Struga near Węgorzewo in Poland, so he couldn`t come back to his birthplace. If there was a family reunion at all (remember it was the first region of III Reich that was entered by vengeance hungry Red Army) it most probably took place in eastern or western Germany.

Anyway, great helmet!

Comment

Interesting points Kiler, thanks. I often find the parts in memoirs of the rebuilding of the veterans life after the war to be particularly interesting sections, but there isn't much time devoted to those extra battles in most books though . Hans Von Luck , and Gunter Grass ( in Peeling the Onion) wrote very well about that.

Comment

Heimatanschrift: Wiesbaden-Dotzheim, Adolfstr. 10.
        there is this address.
        maybe he returned to this place?
        Last edited by lgdsjmi; 02-23-2020, 08:30 AM. Reason: No good photo

Comment

Originally posted by lgdsjmi View Post
          Heimatanschrift: Wiesbaden-Dotzheim, Adolfstr. 10.
          there is this address.
          maybe he returned to this place?
          I`m aware of this and that is why I wrote only about his birthplace. When writing about his family I had his parents in mind as we don`t know if he was married.

Comment

Hello everybody,
            small addition to the identification of my m38 fjr6!
            Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting background

Which department or whom did you email to get the research done, if you don't mind me asking, and are there many hoops to jump through ?
              ...I need to get round to properly researching my fjr6 helmet too.
              Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by eubank View Post
                Very interesting background

Which department or whom did you email to get the research done, if you don't mind me asking, and are there many hoops to jump through ?
                ...I need to get round to properly researching my fjr6 helmet too.
                Cheers
                I send you the documents in pm

Comment

Thanks JM, most kind

Comment

Great looking FJ Regiment 6 Camo and another 1st Company man. I will add it to our list on the other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun Winkler View Post
                      Great looking FJ Regiment 6 Camo and another 1st Company man. I will add it to our list on the other thread.
                      shaun, you already put it on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by lgdsjmi View Post
                        shaun, you already put it on the list.

Cool I will rectify. Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

WILLNAT Alfred died on 05.01.2009
                          Attached Files

Comment

Great helmet for sure, what's a pity for the eagle...
                            Your man is indeed one good other proof for the FJR 6 camo sheme.
                            Also very interesting is the military career of this man, who was longtime in signals troops, far away of the front. Not a old paratrooper or a young recruit sent to FJR 6 when it was formed again.

Comment

I present to you Alfred WILLNAT 1kp/fjr6 captured 07 June 1944 in normandie. prisoner at camp clark in missouri then in england near liverpool where he worked on a farm. released in 1947, he became a police officer in wiesbaden. he died on january 05, 2009
                              Attached Files

Comment

That is an amazing update to the story of your helmet!
                                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X