Help with M38 camo shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with M38 camo shell

I need some advice concerning this helmet shell. I know the pics are not the best, but they give a good idea of the shape of helmet. No maker or size stampings are present. I don't have the helmet with me (it belongs to a friend), but the steel is sturdy and the rim is smooth.
    The size appears to be the smallest available. I have no elements to tell if this is bad or original. Could someone please help?
    Thanks,
    Cesar.

more images

Comment

Comment

Those regular wear patterns look really strange.
        I dont know much aboutthis subject, but I would pass. No helmet gets scratches that regular.

Comment

Thanks. I don't know about the shell let alone the paint. Could this be a GSG-9 helmet given the lack o marks?
          Cesar.

Comment

The paint chips kind of resemble the pattern on this fibergalss repro I saw on eBay.
            Attached Files

Comment

The camo certainly displays lots of "concerns". Would say it is bad. Can not tell about the shell. It does not look like a GSG9 shell. The bolt pattern (the placement of the holes) looks correct. They are always wrong on GSG9 helmets. But, can't tell enough about the shell from those pics. Small size shells (such as a 66) are not really being reproduced. The absence of shell markings on the side or back is odd. Real shell or not, with that bad paint job it is a moot point.

Willi
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thank you very much fellows,

From what you say about the placement of the bolts and the fact this shell is very resistant, I don't think it's either a repro or a post war GSG9.
                I think the veredict is bad paint on a good shell.
                Your comments are much appreciated.
                Cesar.
                Last edited by ccmax; 10-07-2002, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X