Fallschirmjäger Erich Schulz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallschirmjäger Erich Schulz?

I have posted this here just in case anyone can help with info on Herr Erich Schulz?

Bits of info that I received from various references and WASt.

Hptm. Erich Schulz
    Heer MG Btl. 5 ? – June 1940

Maj. Erich Schulz,
    Kdr. Fsch.MG Btl. d. 7 Fl.Korps June 1940 – August 1941
    (heavily wounded on Crete! Accident or enemy action!?!?!)
    Btl. Kdr. IV/Fj.Erg.Rgt.1. ? – 2 March 1943

Oberstlt. Erich Schulz
    Schule Kdr. FS Schule III 2 March '43 – ?

Thanks in advance, Ian
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ian Jewison; 09-28-2002, 07:51 PM.
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Giday Ian,

How are you? I hope that you are well.

Thanks Ian for sharing your Ausweis with us. I too have an Ausweis which belonged to a member of the same unit, which I believe was Fsch. M.G. Btl. der 7 Flieger Korps.

My Ausweis belonged to Gefreiter Walter Bolhe, (surname is only a guess as it is difficult to read).

The Ausweis was issued in Gardelegen and is dated 19 March, 1940. The Ausweis is numbered 71 and only the first two boxes for 1940 have been filled in. Perhaps Bolhe was killed during the invasion of Holland in May 1940. Is there some way I can confirm this?

The Ausweis was signed by the same person who signed Ian's Ausweis, who at the time held the rank of Hauptman. The signature I believe is that of Erich Schulz.

As the commander of a unit, I would expect that he would receive Ausweis No. 1.

Given the date of issue of Ian's Ausweis, I assume that this is a replacement for an earlier Ausweis and that the serial number accorded same has been retained.

Does anyone know what date Hauptmann Erich Schulz was promoted to Major?

Ian, I don't have the ability to post a picture of my Ausweis on the Forum. However, if you would like to see a copy of my Ausweis, would you please provide me with details of your postal address.

Best wishes,

Ian Tannahill

Comment

I will continue the thread on the indivdual research forum:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...5091#post85091

/Ian
      Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X