Litzmannstadt Wirtschaftsamt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Litzmannstadt Wirtschaftsamt

Several emails have been sent to me regarding this marking, which is found on some Luftwaffe tropical clothing, so it perhaps requires a thread of it's own.

On the tropical trousers thread Steve (SMP) correctly pointed out that many reproductions are marked 'Litzmannstadt Wirtschaftamt'. Anyone considering Luftwaffe tropical clothing marked this way should be VERY wary. Avoid any uniforms marked this way unless you have a lot of experience, or know the history of the piece, without ANY doubts!

Still, as stated on the tropical trousers thread, 'Litzmannstadt Wirtschaftamt' is also a valid mark found on authentic Luftwaffe tropical clothing. This marking encompassed many clothing makers of 'forced labor', and I won't go into the politics or implications of that here. Buttons produced in this 'community' are marked L.W. for obvious reasons.

Several emailers stated that "someone had told them any piece with L.W. buttons was a reproduction." This is untrue and ridiculous. Here is a detail photo showing the holster of a very early final pattern jump smock. This smock came from a US veteran in Ohio. It has not been tampered with. The holster buttons are sewn on with the original thread and they are marked L.W..
    Attached Files
    Esse Quam Videri

Detail

close up of the buttons.....
    Attached Files
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

LW buttons

Hi John,
      I can tell you for a fact that I have seen identical "LW" buttons in boxes of buttons recovered from battlefields in Russia. They still had dirt on them. This suggests to me they are probably war-time, but since they are also readily available to buy, it is not inconceivable that fakers may be using them on their products.
      Just my thoughts,

Steve.

Comment

Thanks John for the picture..and thanks Steve for the info on the buttons. I have been seeing these buttons on bad Luft trop trousers coming out of the Czech Republic. So, it would be safe to say that the buttons are real.........the trousers aren't. I first saw these at the SOS in 2001, and have seen several being offered on ebay. This kind if intelligence sharing is what makes this forum so valuable.

Willi
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Shirt marking

Here is the Litzmannstadt marking in a very heavily worn and faded LW short sleeved tropical shirt that is an original.
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X