Eric Queen's book anecdote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eric Queen's book anecdote

So I was in DC this week at a conference with more military than you can shake a stick at. As luck would have it there was one German there - an Army LTC who is on a 3 year rotation at Quantico. We sat together for a bit and got to talking. His dad was 16 in 1945 and fought the US, destroying some Shermans in one of the forests of Germany. I noticed he had jump wings and he told me he was an Army paratrooper. Can you believe that I just happened to have Eric Queen's book "Red Shines the Sun" in my briefcase! What are the odds. I took it out and his eyes went wide! He spent the better part of one morning just pouring over it, loving every minute of it. The best was he knows many of the guys interviewed for the book and we had a great discussion about German paratroopers. But the best was when he told me the French paras jump with mine-clearing dogs just like the one story in Eric's book! Well, we had a great time and he asked me to e-mail him a link where he can get the book.

Regards,
    Marc

Marc, though I can't speak for Eric, I suspect he could help him acquire an autographed copy.
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X