RZ-1 or Pilot Seatpack ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZ-1 or Pilot Seatpack ?

I am leaning toward seat pack on this, but thought I would see what others thought. Does anyone know that weight of the pilots seat pack in 1936?
    The weight of the RZ-20 was 11.5 kg. This is 9.5 which of course could be explained ( if it were for the RZ-1 ) by the lack of the harness ( which was seperate, not one piece as the RZ-20 was ). What really leans toward pilot seat pack though is the maximum deployment speed of 400 KPH ( much faster than transport aircraft at that time )

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

EQ
    Attached Files

I agree with the pilot chute theory. The 400 kph is way too fast to deploy a FJ chute. My RZ36 booklet states 250 kph. If I recall correctly, the RZ20 booklet states 220 kph.
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I agree Willi. Still a cool piece though with this 1936 date as both the RZ-1 and the seat pack were experimented with by paratroopers at this time.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Queen
        I agree Willi. Still a cool piece though with this 1936 date as both the RZ-1 and the seat pack were experimented with by paratroopers at this time.
        Eric,
        I may be wrong, but I believe the Baumuster lineidentifies the parachute as a Sitzfallschirm. SeeSchlicht/Angolia, volume III, page 311.
        Regards,
        GdC26

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X