Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leutnant Graf von den Blücher

Dear members,

I'm looking for a postcard of Leutnant Graf von den Blücher.
    If my information is correct, this picture has been published as a postcard between 1940-45 in Germany.

Is there anyone who has one in his collection or can affirm there was indeed a postcard like this published?

I know this postcard indeed has been published but I'm more curious about the other one :

Hope anyone can give me some clarification about this matter.

Hi Nick,

I have also searched for some years for the postcard(s) to which you refer. I was told that no such postcard existed and I have to say (but would be delighted to be proved wrong!) that I do not believe a post card of Wolfgang von Blücher was ever published. I write this as the author of "Heroes in Death: the von Blücher Brothers in the Fallschirmjäger, Crete, 1941". One possible source for the belief that there was a postcard is the fact that for years the von Blücher family has supplied the Maleme cemetery with postcard-sized photos of the three brothers, to use as part of their display. Apparently these photos are often stolen from the board they are pinned to! I have delivered cards to the cemetery myself and I was told that they have to replace the photos regularly.

I do hope that I am proven wrong and that at least two cards surface!

Cheers,
    Adrian

Comment

Thank you for the reply. This is welcome information. I have seen the second picture on ebay some time ago. But now I'm not sure if that was a ww2 authentic one.

The story of the brothers is very interesting and sad also.

I myself are more interested in such a picture or postcard because of the attack on the Dutch headquarters of "Amstelwijck" for which leutnant von den Blücher earnt his Knights cross.

Comment

The photo with Count von Blücher so the family told me from a movie!

Comment

Interesting. I wonder from what movie. Probably a propaganda film?

And you know the family von Blücher?

Comment

Hi Nick - get in touch by email, I know of one postcard portrait w/RK, and one family photo as shown below.

Regards,

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X