Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preliminary Document for the Knight's Cross

Giday everyone,

Can someone please give me an idea how much a preliminary document for the Knight's Cross that was awarded to a paratrooper is worth?

Has anyone seen any prelimiany documents for the Knight's Cross for sale recently? Can you provide details concerning same?

All the best,

Ian

Ian,

I think I know which one your are referring to (that was for sale at the SOS ), and I believe the document was to Walter LIEBLING. I think you may have seen it when it was owned by your friend with the video store.

I don't know how much Mike was/is asking, but if you want to write him, PM me and I will give you his email address.

In my personal opinion, price has a lot to do with when the award was won. I think early awards are worth much more than later ones. By far fewer awarded for the low countries, Crete and Afrika than later in the war. The last paratrooper one I saw, from the low countries, sold for 10,000.00. And that was several years ago. There was a perlim to a Pz.Gren. I believe on estand not long ago and the price was 5000.00.

I guess with only 230 or so awarded to paratroopers, you can ask whatever you want.

EQ

Comment

Giday Eric,

Thank you for your comments.

What do you think a preliminary award document for the Knight's Cross for a member of Sturmabteilung Koch would be worth?

All the best,

Ian

Comment

Ian,

The document that I was referring to, was to Strumabt. Koch. ( Altmann ). After posting to this thread I went back and looked at my notes
        ( I usually keep a record when I see para documents for sale ), and I have to qualify my first response a bit. I remembered the price correctly, but what I didn't remember is that there were some more items with it. There was the EK I & II docs, and the RK itself. I don't know if the RK was really his, or if it was even good, although I assume that it was ( that is not my thing ) This was 3 years ago or so, so I would think the RK would be in the 4K range and the EKI & II (for Belgium ) would be in the 1K range so that would put the one Prelim itself at 5K. Sorry, I should have looked at my notes BEFORE posting. As to the Pz.Gren. doc for 5K that was avaiable on estand recently, I don't know if that ever sold or not.

When you asked the question, I assume you were talking about the one that Mike G had forsale at the SOS. I don't know what Mike was/is asking for it, perhaps someone else does.

EQ

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X