Early Sturm Regiment Tactical Emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Sturm Regiment Tactical Emblem

This is the third pin I have made and shows the early Sturm Reg tactical emblem before the shooting star was employed. Same High quality enamel and gold metal, this is a 2 piece pin, which gives it the 3d effect

Hi Jager, that is a nicely made pin. If you are listing it for sale, you can not do that in this section. Your other thread was moved to the e-stand, but was then deleted as you must be an association meber to list itmes for sale. Please contact me vis PM to discuss this matter.

That pin is not, however, an early Sturm Rgt pin. Luftwaffe historians have well-established that it is a pin used by the Luftwaffe Condor Legion during the 1930s. It is also a style used as an emblem by the 4th battalion of various units, as sometimes seen in WWI.

The Komet was first used by members of Sturm Abteilung Koch in early 1940. That unit later evolved into the Sturm Rgt, which consisted of 4 battalions by the end of 1940.
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn
      Hi Jager, that is a nicely made pin. If you are listing it for sale, you can not do that in this section. Your other thread was moved to the e-stand, but was then deleted as you must be an association meber to list itmes for sale. Please contact me vis PM to discuss this matter.

That pin is not, however, an early Sturm Rgt pin. Luftwaffe historians have well-established that it is a pin used by the Luftwaffe Condor Legion during the 1930s. It is also a style used as an emblem by the 4th battalion of various units, as sometimes seen in WWI.

The Komet was first used by members of Sturm Abteilung Koch in early 1940. That unit later evolved into the Sturm Rgt, which consisted of 4 battalions by the end of 1940.
      According to my book, german paratroopers, by Kurtz. it says on page 134, thta "before the falling star, or comet, became standardized as a tactical marking for the famed Sturm regimant, the device of a diving eagle clutching a bomb was used as a unit symbol.. That's what it says in the book!!! so maybe both of you are right!!!!!

Comment

Hello Jager,
        Willi is correct, and the book is incorrect. There are several other errors in the Kurtz book.
        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin
          Hello Jager,
          Willi is correct, and the book is incorrect. There are several other errors in the Kurtz book.
          Ok ty for the heads up will list as that from now on

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X