Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paratrooper SOS Report 2005

Hey all,
    Everyone should be slowly returning back home this weekend, I was able to attend my first SOS this year. I had a fantastic time meeting many of the forum members and dealers. I arrived on Friday and walked around for hours nonstop, saw a few nice items around so I cant speak for Thursday. Some of the nicer items I saw were:
    Water pattern para smock really nice condition
    Early mid-war splinter smock,
    a few nice SD Parahelmets
    Three killer para helmets by SW/NH
    A really nice tropical buckle and belt by B. Shea (wish I had the money )

Fieldgear wise: I didn't see anything special but a real pair of splinter grenade bags did move.

Repros: Plenty of helmets, eagles, the usual in big shows like this.

Michael,

Thanks for furnishing the report but where are the pics????????? - Bill

Comment

Hey Bill,
      I wasn't able to get any good photos because I was there for a few hours but here is the killer para by SW/NH which went to a good collection:
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Michael,

I hope others can add to this report when they get back.
        I understand W&H had a very nice DD para for $25K, did you see this one ?

Regards,
        Steve

Comment

Yes Steve, I was able to handle the helmet for a while and get a very good look. It is the best one anywhere hands down. Both decals are 99.75%!

Comment

Odd camo para, is it greyish in person?

Comment

Perry,
              Its a classic textbook "Italian thick camo" I have attached a photo below of a similar one, this photo is taken from the photo thread just above. If I remember correctly there is another that shows two paratroopers behing a PAK gun with the same helmet even a net. The best I can describe the colors are textured light green and splotches of a darker grass green. A truly unique lid
              Attached Files

Comment

Perry and Michael,

The netted FJ camo is really a Normandy camo (rough texture tan and green) with an original net. The helmet sold on Friday. This was a killer camo with one downfall, it has a replaced and touched up right rear spanner bolt.

I first saw this helmet 3 years ago at a MAX show. Jerome Blake had it and I would have bought without a doubt, until I saw the replaced spanner bolt that stuck out like a sore thumb. The wind was knocked out of me you might say.
                Jerome was selling it for 6000. W/H sold it for more than that.

I still think this is a beautiful helmet.
                John

Comment

John,
                  Jerome Blake has/had some very nice and rare things over the years, I passed by his table at the show and well I didn't ask .
                  Last edited by MGN; 02-27-2005, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Fj Sos

I saw two nice Para smocks, one splinter and one water-pattern. The water-pattern was unissued but had been handled somewhat. Nice piece until I asked the selling price. With a straight face, I was told $8,000.00 US. Of course I handed it back and tucked my tail between my legs and walked on. I saw one splinter bandoleer for $550.00 also.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnB
                      Perry and Michael,

The netted FJ camo is really a Normandy camo (rough texture tan and green) with an original net. The helmet sold on Friday. This was a killer camo with one downfall, it has a replaced and touched up right rear spanner bolt.

I first saw this helmet 3 years ago at a MAX show. Jerome Blake had it and I would have bought without a doubt, until I saw the replaced spanner bolt that stuck out like a sore thumb. The wind was knocked out of me you might say.
                      Jerome was selling it for 6000. W/H sold it for more than that.

I still think this is a beautiful helmet.
                      John

Thanks John, from the picture it looks like a ash grey color. Would have liked to see it in person.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X