This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prosper has met his "Arnhem"

Prosper is due back for a rest and re- fit soon after a bad mauling on the German Uniforms helmet forum.
    He was dropped off target onto the Forum with no intelligence.He quickly met resistance from a dedicated and disciplined enemy who isolated and out gunned him.
    So when you see Prosper,give him a pat on the back and a hot steaming mug of Naafi tea.He needs it!
    For those of you who missed the action go to
    http://daggers.infopop.net/2/OpenTop...1343063676&p=2

Hmmmmm..........

Handbags at 10 paces???
    Shame it devolved into that, I was quite interested in the original discussion and looking foward to learning from it. Pity it didn`t stay on track!!!!

Best regards,
    Adrian

Comment

I'd have to disagree with your assessment of who got "mauled".

I read the thread. Somebody posted a thread about helmet. Prosper presented a lot of information that raised a lot of questions about the helmet.

The response to Prosper's thread and information was...

..is that a bit of the `Green Eyed Monster` coming out in you?

If you`re trying to tell me that this helmet is a post war fabrication/reproduction piece, then I will give up collecting and collect chocolate bar wrappers instead.

Don`t bother commenting anymore on this thread - don`t make yourself look a bigger prat than what you already have done.

The problem with this hobby is that if something scarce on the market appears, people find it hard to believe, and would rather discredit it than believe it. Human Nature!

...then it went downhill from there.

Clearly they could not come up with even one logical, legitimate response to PK's questions...so they simply began with namecalling and told him to go away!!!

In my opinion PK WON THAT ONE!!!

`
      Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

after a brief cursory read

I don't see where he has met anything except for a couple of tossers. Vintage PK pitted against the underwhelming foe, though!

Last edited by Eric Stahlhut; 09-15-2002, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Its clear to me that Prosper verbally and logically got the better of these two.......well.......whatever.

I will let him respond to this before shutting this thread down. It serves no purpose here.

EQ

Comment

oh Jeezus!

I just posted on the link that Prosper so helpfully provided in his reBUTTal.

I change my opinion. He is a bery, bery, bad man!

Eric Q., please make it go away.

Comment

Aaagghhhh! I just blew my lunch!!
              Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

Hi all,

Well, Prosper asked the good questions. I think that when you are working as French police employee, having a nickname as Miliceboy is a bit odd. I am a bit scare of my own police now.

Jean-Yves

Comment

Arnhem?

Prosper is due back for a rest and re- fit soon after a bad mauling on the German Uniforms helmet forum.
                  He was dropped off target onto the Forum with no intelligence.He quickly met resistance from a dedicated and disciplined enemy who isolated and out gunned him.
                  So when you see Prosper,give him a pat on the back and a hot steaming mug of Naafi tea.He needs it!
                  I would hardly refer to the 'enemy' in question as "disciplined" and I do not agree at all that they outgunned me. Without wishing to seem immodest, Dan T, old chap, I would say that I was the one who gave them the mauling. You might want to go back and reassess your evaluation. Final word: try and find a copy of Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends And Influence People. Oh...and Cornelius Ryan's A Bridge Too Far. Oh...and a dictionary...

JYN,

Is "Miliceboy" really a French policeman? Is he really French? His command of English is very, very good even though he is very, very stupid. Is he really a policeman? I suspect that someone amongst our friends in Paris knows who and where he is and I also suspect that at least one of the people I have asked isn't telling me the whole story because he probably thinks I will find the guy and do something violent to him.

The rest of you,

Thanks for the comments.

Adrian,

It is a shame. Of course, the helmet is junk. They got mad when asked questions based on fact, history and logic.

Eric Stalhut,

Curiosity killed the cat, mate! You'll know better than to click on dodgy-looking links in the future, eh?

Eric Queen,

Lock it down now.

PK
                  Last edited by Prosper Keating; 09-15-2002, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Well, I'm a bit late here (it took awhile to read that thread), but I believe that Prosper acquited himself quite well.
                    OMSA #6582

At my age, "getting lucky" is finding my car in the parking lot.

Comment

I am not really sure why anyone bothers with that forum. That helmet is a joke!!!! And, everytime I read about the opinions on various FJ helmets, like that one bad camo, I get ulcers. Really not worth the effort to engage anyone there in a debate.

Willi
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X