Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oblt. Hans Thede, KIA 3.3.1943

Hi,

i´m just reading many Feldpost letters of an Feldwebel in 3./FJR1.
    The Feldwebel mentioned some names of Unteroffiziere (early years) an Offiziere. I try to find informations about the persons an could indentify Görtz, Helmut, Lt. 4./FJR1, Hoffmeister, Hugo, Ofw. 2./Fsch.Jg.Rgt.1, Otto, Johann, Oblt. I./Fsch.Jg.Rgt.1, Lt. Schmidt, Leonhard 3./FJR1.

But i could not find anything about his friend Hans Thede. On 3.3.43 the Feldwebel is writing his wife: "H. Thede ist heute mit seinem Chef und noch einigen alten Kameraden auch gefallen."
    (Hans Thede KIA today, also his boss and other fellows)
    I found Hans Thede in Gräbersuche: Oblt. Hans Heinrich Thede 3.3.1943 Dmitrowsk.
    But in which company was Thede? (must be from I./FJR1). Perhaps it is possible to find the company with the "boss"? Is there any company commander of I./FJR1 killed on 3.3.43?

Or perhaps somebody has informations about Hans Thede, i suppose he was an early Fallschirmjäger (1938 or earlier).

Thanks in advance
    daflocki007

Well the date certainly caught my eye and I'm not disappointed.

I own a grouping of an Obergefreiter who also took part in the battle (as part of the third company) and died on March 3rd along with one of his best friends. As you can read in the letter it very much matches your story.

You can also see a picture of RK winner Görtz on his way to Crete (on the left)

I would really like to know if you own those letters (and more?) and if you could give more info about it. If you're not comfortable to show it here, please send me a PM.

Hopefully this post has helped you.

Dienststelle I 353010 Rußland, 28.3. 1943
    Kg.P.D. Posen

Hochgeehrte Frau, Sehr geehrter Herr Hansen!

Nach Abschluss schwerer Kämpfe im Raum um Orel habe ich die traurige Pflicht, Ihnen mitteilen zu müssen, daß Ihr Sohn Friedrich bei einem Angriff am 3.3. 1943 vermißt ist.
    Der Angriff wurde bei starkem Schneesturm vorgetragen und kostete die Kompanie große Opfer, u.a. fiel der Kompaniechef und ein großer Teil des Zuges, zu dem Ihr Sohn gehörte. Beim späteren Bergen der Gefallenen konnte Ihr Sohn nicht aufgefunden werden.
    Es steht fast fest, daß er den Heldentod fand und noch unter dem Schnee ruht. Zur Gewißheit kann ich es leider nicht werden lassen, da kein überlebender Kompanieangehöriger mehr Bestimmtes über den Verbleib Ihres Sohnes geben kann. Eine schwache Hoffnung besteht nur insofern, als vielleicht einer der Verwundeten nach seiner Rückkehr aus dem Lazarett noch Genaueres uns sagen kann.
    Mein Bemühen wird sein, alles zu tun, um über den Verbleib Ihres Sohnes Klarheit zu bekommen.
    Sollte er nicht zurückkehren, so hat die Gewißheit, daß sein Heldentod dazu beiträgt, das Leben und die Freiheit unseres Reiches in die Zukunft zu führen, Ihnen Trost zu bringen und Ihren tiefen Schmerz zu lindern.
    Die Kompanie aber vermisst einen tapferen Soldaten und ausgezeichneten MG—Schützen und guten Kamerad.

Heil Hitler!
    Rumpf
    Oberleutnant und Kompanieführer
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Paul,

really interesting!
      I have problems with the Feldpost number 353010, really correct?
      35361D is the number of 3./FJR1

daflocki007

Comment

Originally posted by daflocki007 View Post
        Hi Paul,

really interesting!
        I have problems with the Feldpost number 353010, really correct?
        35361D is the number of 3./FJR1

daflocki007
        yes you are of course correct. Don't know why I did not correct that.

Comment

Many thanks Paul!

I got a scan of the letter, Feldpost number is 35361C -> 2./FJR1, signed by Paul-Ernst Renisch (3.43 Kompanieführer 2./FJR1)

Hans Thede was most likely in 2./FJR1. Now a new question, who was the killed Kompaniechef in 3.3.1943?
          In my notations i have an Oblt. Kissling, Werner (diction uncertain), can anybody confirm the name, or has another name?

regards

daflocki007

Comment

This is becoming even more interesting. I recognized the name Kißling, and after digging through the same grouping I was able to find what I was looking for. Here is a picture of Oberleutnant Kißling in Feb '41 in St. Wolfgang, Austria. I'm really surprised that he was also killed on March 3rd. I never checked his name on the Volksbund site before. Thanks for bringing this up!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Paulus_Gun; 08-25-2016, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X