Poor man's fj mannequin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor man's fj mannequin

Here is my poor mans fj mannequin, supposedly Italy. I unfortunately cannot match Shaun's effort, but at least the zelt, canteen and b-bag has Cassino provenance. Please all suggestions to improve it are welcome as long as they dont exceed 1K expences. J
    Attached Files

Looking good! You can make legs to fit your shirt stand out of 2x4s. Then pants and boots. Or a great coat, then you don't need pants. I have built 6 of them, they look great.

Comment

Looks Good

Looks good, nice representation and thanks for sharing. We all started out with bare minimum items and put together what we had at the time. As more items are found, the completeness of displays take on a life of their own. I have been there.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Farrell View Post
        Looks good, nice representation and thanks for sharing. We all started out with bare minimum items and put together what we had at the time. As more items are found, the completeness of displays take on a life of their own. I have been there.
        Yes indeed, for years all I owned was a splinter bandoleer and a gravity knife. Will never forget the thrill upon getting my first jump helmet.
        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

It looks great, but you know you need a smock !

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post
            It looks great, but you know you need a smock !
            Or at least a mountain troopers windjacket. Many paras used it at Cassino.

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
              And those are very affordable...

Nice stuff

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                Here is my poor mans fj mannequin, supposedly Italy. I unfortunately cannot match Shaun's effort, but at least the zelt, canteen and b-bag has Cassino provenance. Please all suggestions to improve it are welcome as long as they dont exceed 1K expences. J
                Way to go, Jacquesf. Nice.

Comment

A friend of mine use to form torsos, legs and arms out of chicken wire and wiring everything together...adding a styrofoam head on. Hands can be found in junk shops or flea markets as well as feet (wooden inserts to keep form of boots or shoes). Once you put everything on it it looks OK Very cheap way to go making it yourself until you locate a proper full or half size mannequin.

Comment

Even if I had a mannequin it would truly be a poor mans. All I could come up is a para helmet, blue bandoleer and a pair of my boxers
                    Nice start so far and like anything else it will all come together in time.

Comment

May be a poor mans mannequin but I can promise you it isn't a poor mans collection

Nice Jacques looking forward to seeing it and that snow camo on my next trip down to Cape Town

Comment

Thanx for the suggestions, all donations based on the suggestions can be mailed. PM for shipping details. Here is the man wearing his helmet. J
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                          Patrick , thanx for the info. Did the fj in Italy wore this parka. I saw kriegsberichter photo's of it worn, captioned it was Italy? J
                          Attached Files

Comment

No , this parka was worn during the winter in Russia.

Comment

Looking much better with that great camo on it!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X