Fallschirmjager PK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallschirmjager PK

I am looking for photographs of Bild or Film Berichter (Propaganda Kompanie) in action dressed in Fallschirmjager or Luftwaffe uniform???
    Who has any?
    I have attached an photo from the book Die Bildberichter der Fallschirmtruppe by Arnold van Roon as an example...

Para Badge?

Originally posted by Peter C Vrolijk
    I am looking for photographs of Bild or Film Berichter (Propaganda Kompanie) in action dressed in Fallschirmjager or Luftwaffe uniform???
    Who has any?
    I have attached an photo from the book Die Bildberichter der Fallschirmtruppe by Arnold van Roon as an example...

It looks like he is wearing some type of badge on his tunic or smock. It appears to resemble a Para Badge. Any ideas?

Comment

Peter, what page is this on in the book?
      Thanks,
      John
      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Page 6 John

Originally posted by John Hodgin
        Peter, what page is this on in the book?
        Thanks,
        John

Comment

Is it me, or...

Jonnie, do you see what appears to be a badge? on the front of his uniform or am I imagining it. There is something there but not sure what. Could it be a part of his camera equipment?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Farrell
            Jonnie, do you see what appears to be a badge? on the front of his uniform or am I imagining it. There is something there but not sure what. Could it be a part of his camera equipment?
            It´s for sure a part of his camera. It covers the front of his uniform...
            Óscar

Comment

Hi Peter, Robbie, and Oscar,

Oscar is correct, it is easy to see in the book. What is seen are the reel wheels and magazine knob on that fine Arriflex camera.
              Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Peter,

There were a number of LW and FJ PK pictures in my "Leica thread" some time ago. Check this link:
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=57960

Comment

Hello,
                  If you want to see and buy some pictures of kriegsberichter der luftwaffe (fallschirmjaeger kriegsberichterzuge), you can go to the ecpad (Paris-France). If you go there I can show you the german pictures, it's m'y job.
                  You could also go to the bundesarchiv koblenz, but you must pay to see...but I can't be there to help...unfortunately. There is a big list of German photographers, choose the one and pictures he took.. They keep 1 100 000 pictures of the 2GM...and 80 000 pictures of the scherl bilderdiesnt....
                  Best regards.
                  Nicolas.

Comment

Originally posted by Férard View Post
                    Hello,
                    If you want to see and buy some pictures of kriegsberichter der luftwaffe (fallschirmjaeger kriegsberichterzuge), you can go to the ecpad (Paris-France). If you go there I can show you the german pictures, it's m'y job.
                    You could also go to the bundesarchiv koblenz, but you must pay to see...but I can't be there to help...unfortunately. There is a big list of German photographers, choose the one and pictures he took.. They keep 1 100 000 pictures of the 2GM...and 80 000 pictures of the scherl bilderdiesnt....
                    Best regards.
                    Nicolas.
                    Nicolas,

I am interested in pictures taken by Adolf Kunzmann, the SS-Kriegsberichter for SS-Fallschirmjäger Bataillon 500. Based on your experience, would I find what I'm looking for at the Bundesarchiv Koblenz?

Merci bien,
                    Gerry

Comment

Hello,

I am not sure of it. I was there many times to see the wehrmacht pictures. Perhaps they changed, but at this time you can't see the Waffen-SS Kriegsberichter Bände.
                      You had to ask to see the different Bände, Alphabetic form, from "A" with the Kriegsberichter Aarni until "Z" with Zeymer.
                      In this list, I can't read the name of Kunzmann, Adolf.
                      You can go to NARA in Washington in order to see their collection (Ribbentrop collection). Perhaps you can see some of them.

Howerwise, an another kriegsberichter make pictures with SS-Fallschirmjäger Bataillon 500. Walter Henisch, from the Panzer Propaganda Kompanie Pz.Pk.693. You must read the book written by his child Peter Henisch "die kleine Figur meines Vaters". He told the story of the operation against Tito.
                      Best regards.
                      Nicolas.

Comment

Thank you very much for your insight and advice, Nicolas. I will see what I can find.

Gerry

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X