Ultra Rare PINK Jump Smock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra Rare PINK Jump Smock

This extremely rare piece was produced in limited numbers, and was worn by paratroopers fighting in fields of pink flowers. This great piece is on Ebay as we speak and already has 12 bids. Some lucky collector is going to snag it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Eric Queen; 09-07-2002, 07:20 PM.

Pink Jump smock?

Hello Eric!

Finally back in the discussion.

Can you give me some history behind this jump smock...pink flowers?

Erich

ende

Comment

Hey Erich,

Good to have you back !!

Regarding this "wonderful piece", the price after 12 bids is up to
      $314.00, if that says anything........

EQ

Comment

Hey,
        The "coming out" of one of the paratroopers !!
        Guess his name was Christel or something....

Great piece,wondering what jerk ruined it.

Jos.

Comment

Yeah, that's a good one Jos, I didn't think of that. Maybe it was produced to help "coming out" paratroopers with their "transition"
          Too funny. Never ceases to amaze me what I see for sale on ebay. I am waiting to see one with actual flowers printed on it next.........

Eric

Comment

Improper film

I can't say if this is the case here for certain, but using outdoor film indoors with incandescent lighting can change colors considerably. If that is what happened here perhaps the actual color is gray/green. It is most likely a repro at that price, but I doubt the actual color is pink.

I bought an original Hermann Meyer cap for next to nothing on eBay a couple years ago that had been photographed indoors under regular lighting with outdoor film and the photos were posted on the auction. This common photographic mistake turned the red lining into green. Recognizing what had happened I asked the seller to rephotograph it outdoors and Voila! the lining was red and I got the cap for $400 -- the min. bid and I was the only bidder -- so while everyone was laughing I got the last laugh and a very nice cap for a fraction of what the big name/big price dealers are asking for one of these. At that, it's one that has actually been worn and brought back as a war souvenir and not one of the mint unissued caps that sat out the war in a warehouse.
            Attached Files

Comment

That is a great cap Ralph !
              Very nice,nice price too...better than the ridiculous prices nowadays.
              Thanks for showing.

Jos.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X