Uniform jacket of a Major

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uniform jacket of a Major

It comes from a deceased member of the paratrooper association I am member. After his death it went to a guy who added fake uniform parts to complete it. I had to find out what is original. This remained anyway. There is also belt and shoulder strap, but for this I must ask people who know more about this than I do
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

last
        Attached Files

Comment

Fake was the cap and the dagger, nothing of the uniform

Comment

Tunic looks like a modified "West German" tunic to me.

Comment

I dont like it

Comment

I don't know about the tunic, what I feel strange is the ribbon bar.
                A ww1 austrian army veteran who became a paratrooper in WW2?
                Please note that in the bar we have even a Mobilisierungskreuz 1912-1913, which suggests that the man was already in service at that time. If so, he probably was born at least around 1892; consequently he was around 50 years old when he became a paratrooper. Sounds a bit strange, although it could happen sometimes
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Ironcrown; 12-21-2015, 04:41 PM.

Comment

I never understood this,...what would qualify this tunic to paratroopers except the para badge on the chest which could be substituted with any other LW badge

Comment

Originally posted by germanmedals View Post
                    I never understood this,...what would qualify this tunic to paratroopers except the para badge on the chest which could be substituted with any other LW badge
                    Nothing would prove FJ issue in most cases. The primary exception would be a prewar service tunic that is unit marked.

Paul, this is not an original WWII tunic.
                    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thank you all for the input. I am not at all an uniform expert. I can just say all who looked at it and understood more liked it. As far as I know with fakes you see the stitches of the eagle on the other side, which you do not with this. It has some opening inside which I am not sure that Bundeswehr has also. I found a little moth damage. I add more pics. That this is a reworked Bundeswehr jacket I highly doubt.

I noted on the Ordensspange that some of it must be Austrian Imperial and also had doubts because of the age that it implies. But the guy had EK 1 and EK2, and what he got in First World War indicates that he was a frontpig and not somebody on a desk.

I happily add further pics when somebody tells me which part.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X