Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fj helmet

Hi,

I am new to helmets and have been looking around at FJ helmets, I will be able to purchase 1 next year, I am after a combat worn cam M38, I have seen some and wondered if these are realistic prices, as they have been on the site for a long time, Thanks for the help.

http://www.virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=3838

http://www.virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=3838

http://www.virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=2474

Great site!

You have answered your question.

Comment

Mike's site is a great place to buy and sell great militaria such as these FJ camos. I see all three reflect new prices. The consignor sets the price and Mike honors that request, while offering some advice. Market values have changed, so you will see asking price modifications.
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

There is a genuine Ramcke Brigade helmet on that site that is an absolute steal if you like combat worn camos.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
          Market values have changed, so you will see asking price modifications.

Willi,
          What do you mean?, i know you speak about the global crisis, but prices of top helmet keep the same, stay more time without selling but at the end they finally will sell. I don´t think prices will reduce too much, 11k and 18k USd still too much nowadays. Just IMHO

Iñigo

Comment

Iñigo, i am not talking about a global crisis. The value of all FJ helmets has dropped over the last couple of years. Smocks, trousers, boots, gloves, knee pads, etc as well. SS camo, all camo helmets, etc, etc. It is not really a secret in the hobby. It is just a market readjustment. Prices were inflated for several reasons.
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
              Iñigo, i am not talking about a global crisis. The value of all FJ helmets has dropped over the last couple of years. Smocks, trousers, boots, gloves, knee pads, etc as well. SS camo, all camo helmets, etc, etc. It is not really a secret in the hobby. It is just a market readjustment. Prices were inflated for several reasons.
              I completely agree with Willi. German WWII combat helmets are certainly experiencing a decrease in market prices from the levels attained a few years ago. Even top helmets will eventually experience a re-adjustment. Certainly not initially, since collectors will pounce at the opportunity of acquiring a top helmet that they have waited decades to own and may be willing to pay a premium. But eventually there will be some readjustment even for top helmets.
              When you go home
              Tell them for us and say
              For your tomorrow
              We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
              Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X