Gravity knives for opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gravity knives for opinions please

These two knives came out of a collection that I bought. I was hoping to get some information about them, I likely will be offering these for sale as they are outside my collecting focus and am posting them here for discussion first.

This first knife has a eagle and "5" marking on the spike but nothing I can discern on the blade.
    Attached Files

Blade #1
    Attached Files

Comment

Marking.
      Attached Files

Comment

This second knife has no markings that I could find. There are some pins in the crossguard that the previous owner believed were from a period blade repair. Is that plausible?
        Attached Files

Comment

Blade of knife #2. Any comments on these would be welcome and appreciated.
          Attached Files

Comment

The lack of logo (worn off) on blade indicates, IMO, Malsch & Ambron or F&A Helbig... The spring, in both knifes, is two parts or just one? The blade in the #2 is retractable?
            Wonders,
            Mats

Comment

Two original

Some one have sharpened the blades....

Andy

Comment

Well cared for blades.

Comment

For me the first one is ok, but for the second one I have some doubt about the guard's pins, the lever position and the relative spring. IMO the reparation could be done after the war because the pin's material and their position in the guards is not that you expect! To know the maker needs some pics about the lever, the spring and the assembly marks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X