Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal FJ head plaque

Gents,

so I picked this up today early at one of the markets and am not sure what its for. I tend to believe its post war but seems odd that it would have the swas on it if thats the case. I think there is a FJ post card that shows a similar side head shot of some FJ RKT or something. Any thoughts on what it was used for and when it was made?

The details are really nice and I don't see any initials on the back of it or anything and it seems to have some black paint all over it.

Matt
    Attached Files

Since it doesn't appear to have been mounted to anything, is it small enough to have been used as a paperweight?

Regards,
    Kent

Comment

Kent,

it seems a bit too big for a paper weight, its probably around 8 or 9 inches tall... Its pretty heavy and really cool. Matt

Comment

Matt, I have one just like it. Mine is mounted to a nice piece of oak wood and hangs on my wall. I can't post pictures here but I can send you photos if you'd like to post them..... or even just see it.

I really don't have any history on mine other than I bought it from George Petersen as part of his collection when he sold out years ago.

Cheers,
        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by M35 View Post
          Matt, I have one just like it. Mine is mounted to a nice piece of oak wood and hangs on my wall. I can't post pictures here but I can send you photos if you'd like to post them..... or even just see it.

I really don't have any history on mine other than I bought it from George Petersen as part of his collection when he sold out years ago.

Cheers,
          Terry
          Are they cast iron or bronze?
          Iam Uncle Sam
          That’s who Iam
          Been hiding out
          In a rock and roll band

Comment

I have had 2 of these. Both mounted on wood, and one was camo. Postwar veteran pieces.
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I have had Kameradschaft ones with no swastikas, someone added a nice badge to this one.
              Attached Files
              Iam Uncle Sam
              That’s who Iam
              Been hiding out
              In a rock and roll band

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X