Please Help Fj Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help Fj Helmet

Hello...I am hoping that you FJ para guys can help me out....I collect belt buckles, and only own one helmet , which is not an FJ...My father on the other hand does have an FJ that he has had for 2-3 years.....due to a recent accident and recent surgery(shoulder reconstruction) he has asked me to sell the helmet to help him out financially while he is out of work ...I thought that it is in my best interest to have the helmet authenticated before I take any chances with my credibility on the site first since I dont collect helmets.....please look at the enclosed photos and please give me your thoughts...helmet is dark green with a semi rough finish / stampings inside are ET71 and 4277 / liner reads kopfweite:gr.59 , stahlhelm:gr.71 ,Baumuster :Heisler, BerlinC2 hersteller: F.W.Muller jr.
    thankyou for your time and your thoughts...chad williams
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Chad, Your father's helmet is a Czech. Reproduction IMO. Ask Willi and John H for their views.

John

Comment

Chad, sorry to hear about your dad's situation.

Unfortunately, I do not have a favorable opinion on the helmet, based on what I see in the photos. It does have a very clear "Czech repro look" to the shell, liner, pads and straps. The bolts do look correct, so someone may have messed with this piece. Any further information on how it was obtained?
                        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Willi....my father bought it from a militaria dealer here in southern california before he moved to Portland Oregon a few years back...I glanced at a few of the threads in the FJ area before posting, and saw a similar looking helmet listed as a czech fake, but it said that the #1 in ET71 had a foot on the bottom which my dads does not, I dont know, like I said before, I dont do helmets...the screws dont appear to have ever been messed with , at least there are no tool marks on them or in the cavity of them, there is some white corrosion built up in the bottom of the recesses...just an observation....it is your guys call(FJ collectors) as I am completely and utterly untrained in helmet authentication...give me a buckle and I will identify it in a split second, but not this.....thanks for your thoughts, if there are any more pics needed of anything specific that could help out with the identification of the helmet please let me know, I can post them asap...thanks...chad
                          Originally posted by Willi Zahn
                          Chad, sorry to hear about your dad's situation.

Unfortunately, I do not have a favorable opinion on the helmet, based on what I see in the photos. It does have a very clear "Czech repro look" to the shell, liner, pads and straps. The bolts do look correct, so someone may have messed with this piece. Any further information on how it was obtained?

Comment

does anyone else have any thoughts????thanks..chad williams

Comment

Hi Chad, sorry, I must agree with Willi. The shell has the shape of the Czech copies. They have a very distinctive look about the way the rear rim flares outwards. Study a photo of a know original helmet and I think you will see what I mean?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X