Para Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Para Badge

I recently purchased a Fallschirmjager Badge that looks to be authentic. The size and weight match those of originals. The only thing is there is a stamped mark of GES. GESCH. on the back of the eaglel. Anyone have an idea of this or maybe the authencity of this badge. If you would like pics. send me your E-mail and I will be glad to send you some. Thanks. Bonn S.

Bonn,

I have never seen or heard of an original paratrooper badge marked Ges.Gesch. ( Patent Pending ). I would highly doubt that any war time qualification, meritorious or valor badges/medals were marked this way.

If you want to send me the photos I will be glad to post them.

efqueen@aol.com

EQ

Comment

Here is Bonn's badge. Any comments?
      Attached Files

Comment

Close up of the mark.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bonn,

Not just that the mark GES.GESCH. is inappropriate for these badges, it also makes no sense to have it on ANY badge without any further description like the maker´s name, a patent number, a Gebrauchsmuster number...
          If one wants to protect his badge design legally, it has to be made clear WHAT has to be protected or WHO claims this legal protection.

Apart from that the obverse is very blurry so I do not want to comment here but the pin alone would turn me off.

Cheers, Frank H.
          Cheers, Frank

Comment

Frank is absolutely right - Another point about the pin - NO Luftwaffe Qualification Badge I have ever had in my hands had such a wide pin attached. All were needle pins.
            ERIC

Comment

I agree with all.......the pin and rivets are not as seen on originals. I am sure some clear photos will show some more areas of concern.

Willi
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

About the pin

The pin as soldered on and I took it off with a lighter. The original pin and hinge looks just like the one made by GH Osang company. Just wanted to add that plus...the rivits that hold the eagle seem to have cracked throught the top of the eagle a little. You can see were the rivetes are when you wiggle the eagle. Thanks to all and I'm quite confident now in it's authenticity. Bonn

Comment

Bonn,

No original paratrooper badge was ever marked Ges.Gesch.. It is a fake and a bad one at that. End of story.

Eric Queen

Comment

The pin as soldered on and I took it off with a lighter. The original pin and hinge looks just like the one made by GH Osang company. Just wanted to add that plus...the rivits that hold the eagle seem to have cracked throught the top of the eagle a little. You can see were the rivetes are when you wiggle the eagle. Thanks to all and I'm quite confident now in it's authenticity. Bonn
                    Either you are having a laugh or you haven't understood that people have been trying to break it to you gently. Your Luftwaffe Para Badge is a low end fake. By the way, do you make a habit of holding your medals and badges against a naked flame to see what will happen? Wiggle that eagle some more and free the birdie. It should come right off in your hands...just like the pin.

PK
                    Last edited by Prosper Keating; 08-28-2002, 01:14 PM.

Comment

If someone had told me how Bonn responded to all of this I would have never believed them....would have said it was impossbile for someone to have drawn the conclusion that the badge is ok. But, I am reading his words myself........amazing.

Watching ebay (where I have picked up two nice cased FJ badges) I have always wondered how those obvious repros sell for $125 to $150 and who could possibly buy them. I no longer have to wonder.........

Willi
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Perhaps I'm naive, but I took Bonn to mean that he was confident in the badge being bad, and this "authenticity" was "zero" authenticity and we simply had an English language 'gap' so to speak....

To conclude that the badge was good after all that was said seems impossible.
                        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

John, yes I see your point........and I do hope that you are right. But, I think Eric, Prosper and I reacted to the fact that he took a lighter to the badge and removed the pin, with the mention of an Osang pin. Would be tough to return after torching it. Hopefully this was all a choice of the wrong words.

Willi
                          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I really do appreciate almost all of your input. Although, until you have gotten the whole story I would assume adult professionals would be a little more tolerant, and yes solder does come off with a low temp lighter. Everything I had done was done far before I received your guy’s advice. Everyone has to start somewhere and my naivety was caused by the hopes of really getting something worthwhile. The research that I have done and the knowledge gained far outweighs the cost of the FAKE badge that I purchased. So please, don’t make it difficult for me to ask your professional advice again in the future. I sincerely want and need it. Bonn Stevens.

Comment

clerification

I would like to clerify that John Hodgin got it perfect. Please excuse my veagueness. I hope I didn't Tick someone off. Bonn Stevens.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X