A hidden Beauty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZR1Jan View Post
    This could indicate that Patrick and John is correct, about them being tailor marks.
    I have examined my rig carefully and even opened it up a bit to get a better view.

I have red marks under the stitching on the shroud lines indicating tailor marks.
    However I also have blue marks over para cording on other parts of the rig indicating inspector marks.

It would appear both are correct.

Now got to get it repacked properly!

Last edited by David Fettes; 03-26-2015, 08:41 AM. Reason: Had a good look at my RZ20

Comment

I too think these are marks used to assemble the chute, just like we see on other clothing items, as well as filed gear, etc. I do not believe they are inspector marks.

The perfect example I have which relates to this matter is part of a small piece of paper I found in the pocket of a mint FJ smock more than 25 years ago. It is part of an inspection tag and contains areas which have a box identifying a task pertaining to the manufacture of the smock, and penciled in names indicating that task was completed and by whom. The remaining boxes (as the tag is no longer complete) are 'Kragen', 'Rechte Tasche', 'Linke Tasche', ' Ärmel', Ärmel einnähen', and 'Ärmel einfassen'. If they went to that effort for a smock, why not for a parachute? Obviously smocks can have numerous tailor's marks in various colors.

Both my RZ20 and RZ36 are fully packed but I will take at look at them later.

And let's please keep civil when disagreeing.
      Last edited by Willi Z.; 03-26-2015, 08:51 AM.
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

here are better Details of the red markings.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X