FJ helmet opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ helmet opinions please

I have a chance to get this FJ helmet and really could use your help!...i know its another is it real FJ helmet post but please bear with me i appreciate all helpfull opinions....the photos arent the greatest and im going to look at it in person today....to me it looks like the liner is a replacement and could very well be a repro as is the chinstraps but im not positive...spanner bolts dont match the condition of the shell.....i think the shell might have a chance at being original, thats what im hoping for....it looks like a ckl 71 and has green paint covering the decals that looks like at some other point someone tried removing green paint to expose decals...at best this is a messed with original shell with replaced repro liner and straps but i was hoping someone could help determine if thats the case even with crappy pics i was hoping someone could pick out if these are repros...as im looking in person what should i look for as tell tale signs of a repro on the shell or liner?...also what would be a general value range if the shell is original and also if the liner and chinstrap are original...thank you very much for your time and expert opinions im most grateful as i know these fj helmet posts must get annoying to you guys!!....mike
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

fj helmet

liner, bolts and chinstraps are 100 % repros
            The helmet itself probably also, the pictures are to bad to see that.

best

peter

Comment

Sorry, it is ALL bad. I wouldn't bother looking at it any further. All junk, not even good parts copies for a reenactor.

Cheers,
              Terry

Comment

Thanks fellas....i was hoping at least for an original shell but i figured i couldnt get that lucky!!...i owe you guys a beer or two!....mike

Comment

yes , this reproduction Shell has everytime the same CKL and number. You get them at atthefront.com .

Comment

No sorry and wish it was better news

And you aren't bothering a soul in my opinion my friend. That is why we are all in here to help each other watch out for the land mines. My thoughts are "RUN" away from this landmine quickly holding your wallet tight. No way I would get near that curry/sushi M-38 landmine, not even with protective gear. I hope you find a beauty to look at out there, but this ain't it. Go fish. And again, you and anyone can ask me anytime. No bother at all, good luck on future fishing. Keep looking though, because it's a lot of fun when you do get that good one someday. I went blind studying them and reading "everything I could find", before I landed mine. There are still some out there though undiscovered hanging in attics, I can assure you of that. My direction was to brush up on my German a little, and talk directly to some German folks on the net out there. I learned a lot from nice Duetsche Volk who were very helpful once they know you are a real collector and show big interest in preserving the history of WWII. I met and are still talking to some very nice people from there and learned A LOT. Worked for me, just keep digging though. Happy hunting since that's half the fun in collecting I.M.O. Good luck

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by Valentino View Post
                      yes , this reproduction Shell has everytime the same CKL and number. You get them at atthefront.com .
                      And there you are.

Comment

Thanks again guys i really appreciate the help!......mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X