Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay Para Lid

is this one any good or just junk

my suspiscion is junk but not enough experience yet.

hope you guys might help me here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...131176553&rd=1

I'll take a stab - but please check with those more knowledgeable.....I believe this to be a repro - the corrosion on the outside of the helm appears modern chemical induced...the inner liner and stamp don't give me a good feeling either.
    If only I could be half the man my dog thinks I am

Comment

The oxidation is recent and seems fake to me... also... great pains to make the decal stick out... IMHO...

Thanks
      Paul Reck

Comment

From these poor photos, the shell and liner "could" be original. The liner band (aluminum) sure looks polished and doesn't match the relic condition of what the shell appears to be. Note the heavy rust insude the shell, peeking through the liner holes.

The decal is probably bad, though the photos are too small. The camo looks pretty bad. Yes, I agree that the rust, especially around the bolts, could be artificially created. I see no sign of the chinstrap....so, it is what it is.

Though there are original camos with decals painted around, it seems like a common thing for the fakers to do. They just love to show that "sexy" bird!

Willi
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X