Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assman Paratrooper badge - NEED INFO ON "2" stamp

Hello all,

Can any of you comment on the "2" stamped in the wreath? Have any of you ever seen this before? Please let me know either way. Thank you.

William Kramer

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...=559473#559473
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

It is believed that the "2" represents the die used ..ie the second die for the wreath.
    where did you hear this? Its a first for me.

No one knows exactly what the numbers mean, but thery are commonly found on badges with the ejector pad marks (the round marks). There are some IAB's that are made this way, and there are numers 1, 2, 3, etc on these (up to 5, I think) so that would rule out the second die theory.

It could be to identify dies for QC reasons, hard to say.

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Late war Assman's exist with both numeral "1" and numeral "2" in that position. No one knows absolutely what these mean, but it logical to assume that there were two different dies in use to make the wreaths, and this is how Assman could discern for quality control purposes which die had been used to make a particular badge. I have not seen an Assman para badge marked with any other numbers besides "1" and "2."

Comment

Hello William

I have a late war Assman Paratrooper badge as well. It is marked with a "1" in the exact same location as the one you have pictured. This badge looks very similar to mine and IMO is a very nice original example of a late war Assman. Sorry, I am not sure what the 1 stands for, however, I was once told it had to do with the location as to where it was made. I have no idea if this statement has any validity to it or not, but nonetheless it remains a great badge!

Best Regards

Mike

Originally posted by all1knew
        Hello all,

Can any of you comment on the "2" stamped in the wreath? Have any of you ever seen this before? Please let me know either way. Thank you.

William Kramer

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...=559473#559473
        Last edited by Waffen-Mike; 06-05-2005, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Hello

Hello again,

In the condition that the badge is in, what is a good price to pay for it? Please let me know either way. Thank you.

William Kramer
          Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

A nice honest late war Assman like that, with that much gilting on the eagle, is worth $600-700 today in my opinion.

Comment

I have seen these badges with a 1, 2, and 4 but haven't seen a 3 yet.
              WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Originally posted by Waffen-Mike
                Hello William

I have a late war Assman Paratrooper badge as well. It is marked with a "2" in the exact same location as the one you have pictured. This badge looks very similar to mine and IMO is a very nice original example of a late war Assman. Sorry, I am not sure what the 2 stands for, however, I was once told it had to do with the location as to where it was made. I have no idea if this statement has any validity to it or not, but nonetheless it remains a great badge!

Best Regards

Mike
                Here's YOUR badge Mike!
                I've got all your pics on my machine! (I must stick 'em all on a CD for you one day...)
                regards
                jon
                Attached Files

Comment

hang on that's a '1' !
                  Attached Files

Comment

assmann para#2

Heres mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Schroeder
                      where did you hear this? Its a first for me.

No one knows exactly what the numbers mean, but thery are commonly found on badges with the ejector pad marks (the round marks). There are some IAB's that are made this way, and there are numers 1, 2, 3, etc on these (up to 5, I think) so that would rule out the second die theory.

It could be to identify dies for QC reasons, hard to say.
                      Hi Mark, While researching assman para badges I ran across this thread. I have one question for you.... do some of the late war assman para badges lack the ejector marks and the number (1,2,or3)? I am looking at one currently that looks good, but lacks the ejector marks or numerals. The hinge, catch and mm all seem correct. Any other things to look for would be appreciated. I will see if I can get pics of it to assist. I look forward to hearing your opinions.
                      Sincerely Andy B.
                      Collecting minis and KVKs

Comment

Here is my "A" "L/64" and "2" marked Para:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X