Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for JYN

Hello Jean-Yves,

Can't wait to see your book in a few weeks.

I wanted to ask you ( the Strum Rgt. guy ) if you might have any information regarding the original owner of this document I have.

I was wondering if the name HERMET was familiar at all, or if there is any way to tell if he may may have participated in any of the Belgium operations. I like that it is signed by KOCH.

Thanks

EQ

Giday Eric,

Unfortunately I can't provide you with any information at present about Oberjäger Hermet, but the name does seem familiar. Did you buy this document recently? Perhaps I have seen it in a list somewhere?

For many years I corresponded with a former member of Sturmgruppe Beton who, as a member of the 1st Kompanie of the Sturm Regiment, participated in the capture of Crete. Perhaps Hermet may have previously been a member of Sturmgruppe Beton. Unfortunately my last letter was returned two weeks ago unopened. Not a good sign!

I have a list at home of members of Sturmgruppe Beton which I will review for you tonight. Unfortunately my list is not complete?

All the best,

Ian

Comment

Thanks Ian, any info at all would be appreciated.

Eric

Comment

Eric,

Sorry. I checked some of the material I have, but no information about Feldwebel Hermet even a date of death during or after the war or a post war address.

Jean-Yves

Comment

Giday Eric,

I checked my self compiled lists for Sturmgruppe Beton last night. Unfortunately they contained no reference to Hermet.

I also wish to apologise. I gave you a bum steer. My friend was formerly a member of the 2nd Kompanie of the Sturm Regiment.

Like Hermet, he too was promoted to the rank of Feldwebel after the invasion of Crete. Eric, you may be pleased to learn that his certificate is identical to that of Hermet's.

Sorry that I don't have any other news to tell you.

All the best,

Ian

Comment

Thanks Jean-Yves and Ian, I really appreciate your efforts on this.
            I will keep digging to see if any additional information regarding this gentleman is available. Although perhaps unlikely, it would be interesting if he did actually participate in one of the Belgium operations.

Thanks again,

Eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X