Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is by far the best looking display

Originally posted by Joseph Wu
    Nice display & great collection,Bill. I like FJ all the time. Here is mine, just for fun!

All the best,

Joseph

Comment

Hey Airborne...I know where you are coming from....got a small scar on my forehead from Nam where I pick out a piece of metal....never reported it...wiped the blood off and continued the mission! Sh.. happens is right. Bill

Here is a pic of a LW Tropical Flak NCO...interesting thing is the the Tunic and trousers are British made...WD marked. shoulder boards are sewn in type and flak tabs have a couple of moth bits and LW NCO Tress has some white corrosion.the whole length. I found the pair stuffed into a large bag along with four pairs of British Khaki shorts, another pair of Tropical Khaki trousers and along with a pair of one pocket (large left pocket on thigh) tropical lightwieght trousers WD marked. I found a train ticket to Cairo in the pocket of one pair of shorts and a little sand in all the pockets. So I believe they were captured by a LW soldier in Afrika..converted and worn. I found them at a flea Market in the the University Platz Vaihingen (Stuttgart) Germany.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is an original song sheet of " Das Lied der Fallschirmjaeger" behind it in the frame is a copy of the music sheet with the original signature of the song writer Friedrich Shaefer. I got it from a FJ friend Willi Fretz.
        Attached Files

Comment

Do you still have that train ticket to Cairo? Thats a pretty neat story!
          JL

Comment

Here is one from a local museum.
            Attached Files

Comment

Bill, Could you give us a close up of your FJ clip-on splinter helmet cover?

Many thanks,
              John

Comment

THEY ARE ALL AWESOME DISPLAYS GUYS, KEEP THEM COMING AND THANK YOU FOR SHOWING THEM TO US. CHRIS

Comment

Jean-Loup,

The Ticket is still in the pocket of the British Tropical Khaki Shorts! I will pull them out and make a scan.

John,

Love too but it's securely on my FJ Helmet...I don't want to scratch my helmet any further. I hope you understand - Bill

Comment

Here is the ticket...it actually doesn't say Cairo it says... HELUAN LES BAINS to BAB-EL-LOUK and Return 1ST CLASS MILL 40
                    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse side of Ticket says...Available for Date of issue only (English and Arabic)
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here are the two pairs of British tropical Trousers...one pair is lightweight with a Battle dress style pocket and modified belt loops and waist fastener it is marked with a broad arrow WD. There are four pairs of British Tropical Khaki shorts and the pair that has the ticket on top is the pair that I found the ticket in the pocket. If you stick your hand down into the very bottom of each pocket you can feel fine sand. I have no doubt they came from the Africa campaign. By the way one pair is marked 2318 with the name Mooney and buttons marked Model 1939...second pair has no markings and sand color glass buttons (looks unworn)...third pair is marked WX 2382 D Ferguson with buttons marked Model 1939. and fourth pair that I found ticket in pocket is marked WX 2431 W. Thomas with buttons marked A. Aleem & Sons 1939.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here is another Picture of the LW Flak NCO tunic that was a British Tropical khaki tunic and was converted by the German Soldier who captured it in Africa.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Great displays guys !

Comment

Ty,

A compliment is much appreciated...Thanks! - Bill

Comment

Bill,

Its always a pleasure to see the collection, I am sure there are several new things which I haven't seen before or possibly you are just unpacking more boxes

Jo
                                Nice display as well thanks for sharing it with us...
                                Regards
                                Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X