Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope

Originally posted by Ludwig
    Thanks for correcting me. Please check the poll about the Tank battle badge of the Luftwaffe in this forum, though. But perhaps Hankmeister is not German?
    Hankmeister (me, myself) is not German. I believe I did say I had never heard of the word, and it sounded odd. Being an American living in Germany for the past 17 years, I've got a pretty good grip of the language - but I'm not "mother-tongue-fluent".
    My apologies if I gave the wrong impression.
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Eric....

... outstanding group of documents and very interesting awards.... as with most scarce items, that few will ever see, much less own, they do stir the pot. I don't see anything wrong with the group and would be thrilled if I was the one who had snagged it! Thanks for bringing these to the table!

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your comments. Was happy to see that most people enjoyed seeing these.

EQ

Comment

-

-
          Last edited by Ludwig; 09-04-2004, 06:10 AM. Reason: -

Comment

Ludwig....

... I don't think you should let one arrogent person color your perception of the forum. Nor should it deter you from commenting and/or asking questions. The bad comments/questions will be the ones you do not ask.

Comment

Please for the original poster, you said you picked these items up from an estate sale or Ebay?

Comment

Someone mentioned the poll over at the Qualification/Award Badge forum, and I would to comment on some of what was being said over there.

The document shown, is actually the one I spoke to earlier. I did examine this one in the flesh when Klaus Peters was selling off most of his collection. This is the one he optained from the vet ( and yes, Klaus got nearly everything he had/has directly from the vets ). I really did think about buying the set ( of 2 docs ) but could not swing the 9,000.00 at the time.

Here is one of the comments from the poll regarding the notation that " in the interest of preserving paper, an award document will not be produced"

Quote:
                <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by hankmeister

The letter says (roughly translated) 'out of concern to conserve paper[papiersparnis - a word I've never heard of - anybody here with EXCELLENT GErman language knowledge?], no Urkunde will be produced'. But we've all seen Urkunden, for all manner of items, produced up to and AFTER the wars end.

Just a thought.

Hank

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                <!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
                "They used a sheet of precious paper to tell someone that they're not issuing a certificate - so as to save a sheet of precious paper?

Ummm..."

Well, let me explain why I think, what they are saying here, really does make sense. I believe what they were saying was, that a formal, printed document ( usually printed on quality stock ) would not be produced (i.e. contracted). Just think of the number of people who would actually qualify for the award, vs the number of blanks that would typically be printed when the government would contract these out. I don't know what a minimum production run was at that time, but I would guess at least 1000 or so. So, I guess it really would save paper to hand type these out ( on a one off basis ) for the very small number of people who actually qualified for the award (on existing stocks of low quality paper ), rather than go through the process of contracting them out commercially through a printing establishment.

Does anyone know of an example of a formal, printed document for an award that was instituted 11/44 or later? I don't mean something that was awarded after 11/44, I mean for an award that was INSTITUTED post 11/44?

EQ<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Eric Queen; 09-05-2004, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 18 users online. 0 members and 18 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X