Unusual Paratrooper Grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual Paratrooper Grouping

This is kind of a nice set to paratrooper Emil Gercken who was active in Africa. First is his document for the AFRIKA German / Italian medal. Not a rare medal, but a very rare document to a paratrooper. Signed by Schirmer
    Attached Files

Gercken wearing the Afrika sleeveband. Notice also the Panzervernichtungsabzeichen and Nahkampfspange.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey Eric,
      Great little set!
      Whats wrong with his hair?

Thanks for sharing,
      Michael

PS Eric, still waiting for the ealgle.....

Comment

Gercken follows Schirmer to FJR 16. Here is his wound badge in black signed by Teusen, commander of I Batl. On 24.9.44 FJR 16 becomes Fallschirm Grenadier Rgt.3 "HG"
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Eric Queen; 09-01-2004, 10:00 PM.

Comment

As a member of FGR3 "HG" Gercken is awarded the Nahkampfspange der Luftwaffe !!
          Attached Files

Comment

2 nice portait photos of Gercken wearing the Water pattern smock. Both stamped on the reverse from a photo studio in his home town, Wedel.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is the real prize. Document for the Panzerkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe !! An extremely rare document anyway, but have never seen nor heard of another one awarded to a real paratrooper.
              Attached Files

Comment

Eric,

What an extraordinary and unique group, even more impressive when seen in this detail than the early scans! Phenomenal.

Comment

Very Nice Erick, Thanks for sharing

Frank

Comment

Nice stuff. I met two HG vets when I lived in Germany who were awarded the LW close combat clasp on paper but were actually given the Heer/SS version.
                    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

-

-
                      Last edited by Ludwig; 09-04-2004, 06:07 AM. Reason: -

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig
                        According to a German member of this forum there is no such word as "Papierersparnis" in the German language. And in my humble knowledge of this language it should be "Papiereinsparen".

I don´t want to take the joy over this group from you, but did you get it from a reliable source?

I know that you are an experienced FJ-collector and personally I believe that both the Panzerkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe and Nahkampfspange der Luftwaffe were awarded – at least on paper – but some dudes here almost see us "believers" as idiots.

No doubt the soldier on the photos was an experienced frontfighter!
                        "Papierersparnis" is ok, Ludwig. "Papiereinsparen" is wrong. Mixed up?

all the best,
                        Gerd

Comment

-

-
                          Last edited by Ludwig; 09-04-2004, 06:08 AM. Reason: -

Comment

Eric,

isn't it strange he had the same rank in all picture but more and more awards???
                            he was oberjager when he was awarded the black wound badge, but didn't wear it as unteroffizier?? Maybe i'm wrong but i think photo are strange...what do you think???

Herlé

Comment

I have seen these photos before somewhere....on this forum! I will check them out as there were some oddities with them!
                              Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X