Field Made Trousers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Field Made Trousers

I don't really like to post photos on both this forum and German Daggers, but I thought some of my Luft friends that are only over here might like to see these. I forgot that I had them. It is a field made pair of camo trousers (single sided). They came as a set with my ground combat jacket that I bought a few years back. Interesting set with some odd features. One being that the legs are actually elasticized at the ankles.

I am going to repost the first picture in full size so that the details of the pants are evident.

Comment

The back

Comment

Interior front. Details down to the interior watch pocket.

Comment

The back interior pocket is made of the same material as the exterior.

Comment

This is where it gets confusing. The button holes on the fly. The first three are obviously field made. The fourth one, though, is a keyhole style as found in manufactured items. I at first thought that this was zelt material, but the button holes threw me off when a factory style hole was found.
            Last edited by Jack Melvin; 07-15-2002, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Last shot. A detail shot of the exterior, rear pocket. Note cinches as found on the M43 kielhosen style of trouser on the hips. Also has belt loops! These were a bonus with the jacket!

Comment

Hi Jack,

Not meaning to be picky, but you stated these are single sided camo. They look to be double sided with the same "dry" and "wet" camo sides that Zeltbahns have. I would agree that they are field made.........but when is the question. What do you think? And, is it from a Zeltbahn?

Willi
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Willi, I think that you are right. By single sided, I meant that they are relined with another material as the parkas were either in white or "silk". They probably are zelt material. In looking at them closer, I found a button hole down by the leg closure that certainly would not be there if made from anything other than zeltbahns.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X