FAKE Army Paratroop Badge Document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAKE Army Paratroop Badge Document

I have not seen very many of these so I thought I would post it here. This one was purchased off of ebay for $235. The gentlemen then sent it to G.Petersen for authentication. George told him to send it to me so I have unfortunate task of breaking the news to him.

Before I post some originals, can you guys see what's wrong with this?

HMMM?

Hi Eric,
    It is definately signed in the wrong place - #2 The shaded box with the Urkunde number in it is not there - #3 under that the
    award date (Berlin,den 0.0.37) is also missing. - #4 there are no lines under the recipients name or unit. Just the differences I see between this one and a '37 type document.
    ERIC

Comment

That's right Eric. Everything you mentioned is absolutely correct.
      In addition to those and other small things, the size is wrong
      ( originals were in the DIN A4 format and this one is DIN A5 ), and the price is wrong. I am not sure how this gentlemen thought he was buying a real one for $235. A real one would honestly be at least 20 times that ( I know, I know, strange things happen on ebay, but not that strange )

An original

Comment

Oh Yeah!!

Hi Eric,
        Your original document? !WOW! Very nice indeed! You don't see those popping up anywhere. The last genuine document I saw went at auction for $2,525! - I think it was from The Collectors Guild, but I'm not sure.
        ERIC

Comment

Eric,

Even $2500 seems extremely low ( although it is closer to reality than $235 ) The last one I knew for sale on the open market was
          Heinrich Krieger's ( # 228 from the second and last batch awarded on 18.12.37 ). Helmet Weitze sold it for $5400.00 in 1996 ( I offered $4500.00 but he wouldn't take it )

In all these years of looking I have never seen or heard of one in an auction. If you can find out any details of it ( who it was named to and the number ) please post them here.

Thanks,

Eric

Comment

O.K. I'll Look For It!

Hi Eric,
            Yes, relatively cheap at todays prices! This auction was back in the mid to late 80's. God, I just can't remember for sure where! I'll check some of the older Guild catalogs.
            ERIC:o

Comment

Thanks Eric.

Yeah, that makes more sense. That price was about right 15 years ago or so. I noticed that this early LW badge document in the DIN A4 format just sold on Manions a couple of days ago for $150.00. I think that was a real reasonable price for an early original from 1939. Although much more plentiful than the army, you don't see these real early LW ones for sale everyday either.

Comment

Eric,
                How True! It sold for $150 at Manions you say? Someone got a very nice document for, IMO, a great price!
                ERIC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X