Paratrooper "Medic" Helmet on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paratrooper "Medic" Helmet on Ebay

Not sure if you guys saw this one or not. I guess its hard to say from these little pictures, but this one just looks "odd" to me.

What do you guys think?

Hi Eric,

As you mentioned, hard to tell from the pic, but it does look odd. The brightness of the red, and maybe the white paint, bother me alittle. This one may have to be held to know for sure.

Willi
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

pic...

Looks like a nice one to me, don't see medic helm's much...

Comment

A very intriguing helmet, which I followed with great interest. Been holding out for that "right" para helmet. But what killed this auction for me was the fact that it was a private auction, plus the guy never returned any of my emails.

Comment

Private auction is always a bad sign for ebay. How much did this helmet bring?? I did not follow it, as like many helmet collectors, I was not too fond of the paint work.

Willi
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

A couple of years ago you could have sworn every 2nd paratrooper was a medic, there were so many helmets with red crosses popping up.
            I would never buy one unless I got it from a very sure source.

Comment

For what it's worth, I've seen approximately 60,000 images of Fallschirmjäger to date, including every Kriegsberichter shot on file at the Fotoabteilung of the Bundesarchiv in Koblenz (which took two solid weeks of eight hour days to go through) and so far I've never seen a single photograph of a Fallschirmjäger Sanitäter wearing red cross insignia on a para helmet. (Three former Sanitäter I've interviewed also all said flat out it was never done it their units, but that doesn't necessarily mean much.) Anyway, I've seen two such helmets I believed over the last 20 years, and that definitely isn't one of them. Chris

Comment

Paratrooper "Medic" Helmet

Hello,

Here a picture of the one I know, I'll try to post better pics of it in the coming days.

Happy collecting!

Philippe
                www.majorplm.com

Comment

Wow! Incredible helmet Philippe! The other uniforms and gear we can see (in part) are rare and superb as well. Is this yours or a display in a museum? Please show us more.

Thank you!
                  John
                  Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Hey Chris!

Are you Chris Mason? Thanks.

Comment

Yes Phillipe,

Forget the helmet. Tell us more about the smock and the bandoleer WOW !!

EQ

Comment

Both smocks!

Hey Chris, nice to have you here!
                        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Paratrooper "Medic" Helmet

Hello,

Thanks all for your nice comments, this photo comes from a special issue concerning German helmets during WWII, that I made, november 2001, for the french magazine "Gazette des Uniformes".

Items pictured came from collections of 2 close friends of mine, some items are from my former collection etc..
                          Unfortunately computer crash last january and I lost hundreds of pics, didn't save monthly at that time, so I'm not able right now to post some close-up of items pictured, today I have phone calls with my friends and I'll shot again those items may be in august.

Here the full page:

Happy collecting!

Philippe
                          www.majorplm.com

Comment

Nice smocks ( especially the M40 step-in ). But ( for me ) by far the best piece pictured here is the extremely rare M37 "two snap" bandoleer. What an outstanding piece!! I would be very surprised if even 10 of these survived the war and are in collections today ( I know of 4 counting this one )

I think it would be interesting to do a thread only on the different types of bandoleers. What do you guys think?

EQ

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X