Ramke unit marked tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ramke unit marked tent

Hello all. I recently acquired an original WW2 era German tent complete and I am looking for some info on it. I don't find much out there on German tents. The tent came complete with poles and pegs. (one of the pegs is Italian) The tent is made of lightweight tan-colored canvas and the floor is coated with a rubber-like green coating of which much has flaked off. The tent came in an original tan-colored tubular shaped bag. The tent is marked with the maker's stamp on both sides. This same stamp is marked on the bag as well. The really cool thing is that the bag has an identifying patch sewn to it that is readily identified to Ramke's Brigade. The patch has "stab" on it's lower right side and the letter "B" on the lower right side. Also under each maker's stamp, the number 236 is stenciled. Anyone know what the 236 stands for? is it a unit number? The tent was acquired in the early fifties in Germany from the man I bought it from while his dad was stationed there. He used it for camping for many years and just recently sold it to me as his days of camping are over. Thanks in advance for any info on this tent.

I cannot comment on the tent itself, but that´s the Brigade Ramcke unit logo allright.

http://www.wwiidaybyday.com/emblems/...teremblems.htm
    (lower left, 2.Fallsch.Jg.Div./ Brigade Ramcke)
    I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
    My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X