Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skarts View Post
    hi kretakampfer....
    Very interesting news. I have many pictures from iraklion. However i live in rethymnon. So we can meet and make some research if you agree.
    hi skarts, i live in athens and i visit my parents in iraklion from time to time. Iwas in iraklion the second half of the july and i had the chance to visit some places and expand my research. My study is going to be very extensive and detailed with names, exact places and detailed incidents. It will be nice to meet sme time. I'm interested very much on your pictures from the battle in iraklion since they can light up aome incidents. We must be in touch.
    Best regards
    xeraitismoys
    yannis
    kretakampfer

Comment

Bought this one from a forum member a while back, I was told that the cross on the right is Wolfgang Graf von Blucher's grave.

Comment

Shaun, I don't think it's Blücher's grave in your photo. He was buried in a double grave, as you can see in the photos. The proportions of the crosses are different.
        http://www.militaria-fundforum.de/at...0&d=1315473306
        http://www.militaria-fundforum.de/at...1&d=1315473306

Trebes

Comment

Originally posted by shaun winkler View Post
          bought this one from a forum member a while back, i was told that the cross on the right is wolfgang graf von blucher's grave.

hi shaun i have recently explore the area where blucher was killed and this picture is not in that area. It doesn't seem to be in iraklion at all. Do you have any data about this picture? I have found another picture with a double grave. Blucher was buried with an nco. I have found the story how this nco was killed next to blucher. They were buried together but this picture is not the grave of wolfgang graf von blucher.

Comment

Originally posted by kretakampfer View Post
            hi shaun i have recently explore the area where blucher was killed and this picture is not in that area. It doesn't seem to be in iraklion at all. Do you have any data about this picture? I have found another picture with a double grave. Blucher was buried with an nco. I have found the story how this nco was killed next to blucher. They were buried together but this picture is not the grave of wolfgang graf von blucher.
            now that i see the picture more carefully, i think that i Know this place. It is in iraklion but abit away from the point that blucher was killed and buried.
            Last edited by KRETAKAMPFER; 08-06-2012, 02:58 PM.

Comment

this is not the blücher grave..

shaun, you got a real blücher grave pic from me sometime ago ..

Comment

Originally posted by Heeresspringer View Post
                this is not the blücher grave..

shaun, you got a real blücher grave pic from me sometime ago ..

Yes I have the Blucher grave photo but I wanted to post the one with the white cross 1st to see what the others thoughts were. My thoughts were that his men might have erected a larger grave marker after the battle, or exhumed him and buried him somewhere else.

I think the 1st photo with the white cross came from Sven so he might have some more info on it.

Here is the original Blucher grave photo, Bluchers grave is on the left.

Regards
                Shaun

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun Winkler View Post
                  My thoughts were that his men might have erected a larger grave marker after the battle, or exhumed him and buried him somewhere else.
                  They did erect a larger grave marker, but at the same spot. The two photos which I did not succeed to link yesterday show this bigger cross with two names on it: Obtl. Graf Blücher and Ogefr. Kollweck. The photo was taken
                  from a different angle with two hills in the background.
                  You can see these photos (and other grave photos of Blücher's platoon) in the Militaria Fundforum > Fallschirmjäger > Fotos > Gefallen auf Kreta

Trebes

Comment

Hey ...

Here are some aditional infos and pics from 2./FJR1 which are from a surviving platoon member of platoon blücher ...

Shauns pic is from that grouping (I had it several times, thats why i traded it)

In the double grave of Olt Blücher is Obgef. HOLLWECK lieing next to him ...

A groupleader was Obj. WANKE which died just a few meters away from him ...

other graves from Obgef. RÖHL and Gef. VOßHAGE are also shown ...

At least the memory plate in the "Altes Lager" Stendal and a pic of two surviving members of Zug Blücher ....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Trebes View Post
                        They did erect a larger grave marker, but at the same spot. The two photos which I did not succeed to link yesterday show this bigger cross with two names on it: Obtl. Graf Blücher and Ogefr. Kollweck. The photo was taken
                        from a different angle with two hills in the background.
                        Here is mine:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Gran Sasso, this is the photo I meant. Thank you for helping.
                          And now we all look forward to the site photos from today ...
                          Trebes

Comment

Blucher's platoon fallschirmjager grave today

Hi, here i post the link of a picture that i believe that it is a probable remain of a fallschirmjager grave from blucher's platoon.
                            If anybody have pictures from iraklion or fjr rgt 1 pictures i can recognize almost every place like those pictures posted with the graves.
                            http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/...R/P1010306.jpg

All the best
                            kretakampfer

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                              Here is mine:
                              If it helps, here is mine from a different angle.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X