Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meindl & Paratroopers Photo Postcards

Gents,
    I know these are familiar images of Meindl reviewing Paratroopers. They are postcard format with blank backs. The strange thing is, they do not glow under UV/black light. The postcard paper also has a texture to it that I have seen on period postcards.
    Were these part of a series sold at the 'PX'? I am still a little confused if these are originals or not. I have handled many fake photos before, but these almost look convincing.

I would like to sell these so the proper classification would be appreciated.

Your opinions, please.
    Attached Files

Hello,
    it's Ramcke, in 1943 in Brittany . Original pictures are in ECPAD (French Army archives) maybe made for PX???
    Herlé

Comment

Originally posted by H BABERT View Post
      Hello,
      it's Ramcke, in 1943 in Brittany . Original pictures are in ECPAD (French Army archives) maybe made for PX???
      Herlé
      Thank you! I should have recognized Ramcke. I guess it has been too long since I have studied this field

Comment

I don't like them, don't think they are period photos, look like "modern" reprints/copies to me.

Comment

Don't like them either, should help could you scan the reverse. I think you even can see the cute off from a previous photograph in the second photograph.

Comment

This is the consensus I was looking for earlier. I will go ahead and adjust my listing on the e-stand. Thanks!

Let me add that these are well made reproductions! Scary since they do not 'glow'...

-Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by para03 View Post
              This is the consensus I was looking for earlier.
              Hi Chuck,

I didn't see your thread before you put them on the estand. Don't want to sound like a smart ass, but the photo section would have been a better place to get opinions on the originality of the photos.

Regards, Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas H View Post
                Hi Chuck,

I didn't see your thread before you put them on the estand. Don't want to sound like a smart ass, but the photo section would have been a better place to get opinions on the originality of the photos.

Regards, Thomas
                Thomas,
                No problem! I was 50/50 on which thread to look for advice. Your opinions are appreciated. Thanks!
                - Chuck

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X