Paratrooper Badge IMME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paratrooper Badge IMME

Good evening fellows. Up next is another Paratrooper badge, that came in with the first one. Again, I am trying to get better so bear with my amateur observations. I think that this one is a copy. But a better copy than the Assmann I posted up. Point on the hinge pin is pretty close as is the catch and hinge, much like a Juncker attributed IMME. Eagle is close but just not there with regard to the shape of the head and neck. The IMME trademark doesn't have the flat bottom B in Berlin. And lastly, the weight is way off. This one weighs in at a light 30.4 grams.

I would like to hear what you fellows think. Fire away as I have it on inspection and can return it along with the Assmann.

thanks! Dave
    Attached Files

more...
    Attached Files

Comment

Head of the Eagle...
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dave,

Well spotted, this indeed is a fake. Not a bad attempt at all, with believable reverse hardware. But the lack of detail on the eagle is a big red flag compared with original IMME badges. Also note that the wreath is a copy of the Deumer wreath, another red flag when looking at a supposed IMME product. The maker mark is also a red flag, as you mentioned. And ofcourse the reverse is way off compared with an original IMME badge. Even on the Juncker-produced IMME badges, the reverse hardware is not correct in many aspects.

If this one was left unmarked by the fakers, it would be much harder to spot as a fake. But thankfully many fakers like to stick marks on there, and that makes it easier for us collectors to compare with originals.

Nicely analyzed Dave.

Tom
        If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
        [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
        Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks Tom!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X