FJ color slides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice photos.

Interesting seeing graffiti from the war, appears the words in second photo post #10 seem to state "Death to the Deserters"
    Last edited by Colorado; 06-25-2012, 06:46 PM.
    Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Incredible images! I wish I had been so fortunate as to find these!
      If you ever want to trade Farbdias... don't hesitate to contact me!

seekwhence

Comment

Superb images! Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado View Post
          Nice photos.

Interesting seeing graffiti from the war, appears the words in second photo post #10 seem to state "Death to the Deserters"
          Yes! This picture was taken for sure in Italy after September 8th, 1943.
          The writing is partially covered by the subjects, but it should read as "A Morte il RE Disertore" that is: Death to the King deserter.
          In fact, king Vittorio Emanuele III fled after the armistice leaving all the Italian Armed Forces without orders. That's one of the reasons why the germans could disarm and capture so easly entire divisions.

Comment

wowww fantastic farbdias collection !
            congradulations on this superb collection. really one of the finest groups I have seen in many years.. well done !!

best wishes.
            Ian

Comment

Superb collection, really a very, very rare look into a very short period of history. The image with the lined-up Me-110's is one of the best I have ever seen of this aircraft.. or rather, I've never seen more then 1 in color in one image. You really should have these professionally scanned, you will be amazed at the results.

Cheers,
              Astarr

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X