• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fj bandoleer

hello what are yours opinions about this bandoleer
    thanks
    alex

Wear to the fabric and rust to the snaps detract some, but genuine.
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Good example, not easy to find in used condition.

Comment

I think the wear just adds to it. Nice original

Comment

Originally posted by SMP View Post
          I think the wear just adds to it. Nice original
          Agree if it it is use wear, but it only looks like storage wear, see no evidence of any wear from ammunition ever being carried in it.
          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
            Agree if it it is use wear, but it only looks like storage wear, see no evidence of any wear from ammunition ever being carried in it.
            STORAGE WEAR - what????? - how does something wear sitting in storage!!!!!!! Whatever - who cares

Its a super bando - just awesome. Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

Originally posted by camo master View Post
              STORAGE WEAR - what????? - how does something wear sitting in storage!!!!!!! Whatever - who cares
              Insect damage.

Rodent damage.

Being on top of a pile and have other items stored on it and shifted on and off often.

There are many other possibilities, try using your imagination.

Regardless, as yet, there is no visible evidence presented that rounds were stored in this bando. Yes, it is a fine bandoleer, but that does not change the fact that wear on only one corner is not typical in use, combat wear!

This is in use wear, highlights from every single 98k round can be seen from carry wear. And yet, the bandoleer was empty when this photo was taken! Most all bandoleers in collections are in unissued condition, actual combat worn bandoleers, as this blue grey example, are exceedingly rare.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by John Hodgin; 05-15-2012, 09:27 AM.
              Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Also note all the worn stitching. Does the bandoleer which began this thread exhibit wear to the stitching? How about the fading to the fabric?
                Attached Files
                Esse Quam Videri

Comment

who cares John - whether it is in use wear or from storage (which I highly doubt).

the fabric looks like it has had some abrasion, at some point in its life, to the high areas of one top edge - very small - the rest is excellent. I could come up with 20 different ways in which this might have happened but it simply doesn't matter because no one can say for sure. It is only pure speculation.

Buddy asked for opinions on the bando, not what happened to it - it is a super original bando, has some damage to one small area which is up to an individual collector whether he likes this type of item or mint ones instead.

Comment

Originally posted by camo master View Post
                    who cares John - whether it is in use wear or from storage (which I highly doubt).

the fabric looks like it has had some abrasion, at some point in its life, to the high areas of one top edge - very small - the rest is excellent. I could come up with 20 different ways in which this might have happened but it simply doesn't matter because no one can say for sure. It is only pure speculation.

Buddy asked for opinions on the bando, not what happened to it - it is a super original bando, has some damage to one small area which is up to an individual collector whether he likes this type of item or mint ones instead.

I care.

For historical context.

For proper representation.

For accurate descriptions of pieces, especially as an author.

Alex, your bandoleer is a fine one, never meant to imply otherwise.
                    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

I care.

For historical context.

it ain't Alex's bando....it is mine and on Ebay now

Cheers

EDwin

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin View Post
                        it ain't Alex's bando....it is mine and on Ebay now

Cheers

EDwin
                        You don't want to keep it?

Selling any early green snap tab bandoleers?????
                        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

You don't want to keep it?

Selling any early green snap tab bandoleers?????
                          John
                          Nope. it is not a keeper. 99% of my collection will be on for sale but I don't have a early green one on for sales...sorry

Edwin

Comment

I care.

For historical context.

Your right - most of us do care on this forum - that is why we are here. To learn and share with each other. As an author then and for accurate descriptions and representation, perhaps a better word would have been deteriorate in storage. Items wear when being used, they deteriorate with age and damage from the elements in storage.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X