Hptm. Franke - III./ FJR3 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hptm. Franke - III./ FJR3 ???

Does someone know a Hptm Franke from FJR 3 ???

Someone heard the name in that context before ?

Regards

Originally posted by Heeresspringer View Post
    Does someone know a Hptm Franke from FJR 3 ???

Someone heard the name in that context before ?

Regards
    According the Ben Christiansen book "The 1st Fallschirmjager division" vol. 2
    an Oberleutnant Franke is mentioned that to the date of December 13 1943 led the III BTG /3 FJR on the occasion of the Ortona's Battle.
    This unity is set to defense of Casa Berardi, famous for the conquest of the Victoria Cross from the Captain Triquet, 22 Regiment . Besides December 26 th 1943 the Franke's battalion is positioned in the zone of Villa S. Nicola where he succeeds in eliminating four Shermen.
    Besides to the date January 1 st 1945 a Major Franke is awarded of the DKiG.

Also I wanted many information about him and a picture.

Comment

Besides to the date January 1 st 1945 a Major Franke is awarded of the DKiG.
      I suppose this ia another "Franke" , could be Major Walter Franke in 1944 in Fallschirm Artillerie Regiment 2, in 1945 probably FAR6.

daflocki007

Comment

Why not some people ?

Comment

Originally posted by daflocki007 View Post
          I suppose this ia another "Franke" , could be Major Walter Franke in 1944 in Fallschirm Artillerie Regiment 2, in 1945 probably FAR6.

daflocki007
          There is another Major Franke (Hans) that led from december 25 1944 the III BTG 13FJR.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X