Well, it's sad but..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it's sad but..........

.....the only thing I have picked up in the last month is this crappy little postcard ( and its not even army ). Is it just me or has it been slow for all of you guys? I just have not seen or heard of anything neat out there for quite some time.

Please let me hear from all the para collectors. Maybe I am just out of the loop.......

cool card

Eric! I happen to like that card very much! Have a passion for photos of paras with MP-38's. It's my favorite weapon, much better finish than the 40.

Collecting isn't fastastic, which I guess is good because my budget couldn't handle it. But it isn't bad either. Have some nice small items coming; the rest of a grouping from a Sturm Rgt. para that served in Tunisia.

However, hope you get a great lead soon.

Best regards,
    John
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

My Para Pickup

Hi Eric,
      The only recent pickup I have had having to do with the Fallschirmjager is this nice early Jmme Tombak Para Badge. I have not seen much in the way of good Para badges otherwise!
      Attached Files

Comment

It has been a bit calm. Perhaps people are saving up for the summer vacation. But I got this the other day.

I also got some incredible SS-Fallschirmjäger-related documents and photographs.

But then, you see, I'm a sad bastard who doesn't go on holiday... All the spare cash goes into medals and motorbikes.

Last edited by Prosper Keating; 06-30-2002, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Wish I could be a sad bastard.....

who doesn't go on holiday and wish I could spend it all on militaria and motorbikes. The Mrs. doesn't share my interests here. In fact, she wants to be able to move in two years. She told me if we needed money when it came time to buy, it didn't matter how attached I was to my stuff, it was going. Looks like we'll be looking for two houses when that day comes. One for her and one for me and my stuff

"We'd better not try another frontal assault. That rabbit's dynamite."

Comment

The Mrs. doesn't share my interests here. In fact, she wants to be able to move in two years. She told me if we needed money when it came time to buy, it didn't matter how attached I was to my stuff, it was going.
            Women are like buses. You pay to ride them but you can get off anytime you like because you know there'll be another one along soon. That doesn't mean I put my feet on the seats though. I treat 'em with respect...as long as they treat me in a similar fashion. Oh...gotta go! I hear my wife coming...

PK
            Last edited by Prosper Keating; 06-30-2002, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Sounds like it's time for a new wife there Steve. Why do women never appreciate or even understand our hobby? I am very reluctant to tell anyone outside my collecting circle of friends that I collect militaria, the instant you do, you are branded a nazi or some other right wing extremist. You are then forced to explain yourself, must be like women with their clothing and makup……

Dez

Comment

break the silence

Greetings Everyone! Had to chime in here...

I have had a good month myself - managed to pick up several Willrich postcards I needed and a handfull of snapshots of FJ's and JU-52's.

I tend to agree with the post on keeping things "low" in mixed company. The wife is super supportive, but then again, I help her with her baskets I try and keep the "war room" door closed when we have new guests over - no need to start the whole political discussion over, again.
                If only I could be half the man my dog thinks I am

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X