My Luft tropical pants with beintasche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Luft tropical pants with beintasche

My Luft tropical pants with beintasche. All feedback and thoughts are most welcome

Cheers

Edwin
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Small observation. Worn on the outside and "brand new" ink stamp. Makes me think.

Comment

Hello Edwin
              It s a original Salty LW tropical pants .

Comment

thanks, it looks a bit more pinkish as I've normaly see. Allso the cloth is very thick.

Cheers

Edwin

Comment

Nice,heavily worn pair,I like the steel buckles on them

Comment

Originally posted by Gustav 43 View Post
                    Nice,heavily worn pair,I like the steel buckles on them
                    Hello Gustav 43,

Perhaps a silly question but how do you explain the heavily "worn" sun bleeched outside and the unused inside with brand new stamps. Was it never washed perhaps ?
                    Through the years i guess the must have been faded also. Not through the sun but through usage and washing perhaps. I'm just open to learn.

Regards

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin L View Post
                      Hello Gustav 43,

Perhaps a silly question but how do you explain the heavily "worn" sun bleeched outside and the unused inside with brand new stamps. Was it never washed perhaps ?
                      Through the years i guess the must have been faded also. Not through the sun but through usage and washing perhaps. I'm just open to learn.

Regards

Erwin
                      Hello Erwin,

based on the photos,I don't think the inside of the trousers is unworn or unused IMO,more photos of the inside parts would help probably but I have seen pants worn outside with the white pocket lining which had a very nice " fresh " color.
                      As for the stamp,yes,it looks darker than one would expect on such worn pair but not a brand new IMO.
                      Erwin,these are mine opinions and I am also open to learn ,hope some more experienced LW trop. collectors - members will share their opinions too.
                      Best,
                      Gustav

Comment

Hello Gustav

I appreciate your opinion.. I think that when the trousers are in this used and sunbleeched condition, you would suspect a bit more worn look on the inside. Sweat, dirt, washing. The size numbers look almost new and mostly they are faded also through the years as a result of wearing them, washing, sweat etc.

It was just an observation.

Regards

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by Gustav 43 View Post
                          Hello Erwin,

based on the photos,I don't think the inside of the trousers is unworn or unused IMO,more photos of the inside parts would help probably but I have seen pants worn outside with the white pocket lining which had a very nice " fresh " color.
                          As for the stamp,yes,it looks darker than one would expect on such worn pair but not a brand new IMO.
                          Erwin,these are mine opinions and I am also open to learn ,hope some more experienced LW trop. collectors - members will share their opinions too.
                          Best,
                          Gustav
                          I agree Gustav. Plus, the reality of wearing a uniform in the field is that the outer portions wear more heavily than the inner portions.
                          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
                            I agree Gustav. Plus, the reality of wearing a uniform in the field is that the outer portions wear more heavily than the inner portions.
                            special in tropical conditions !

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
                              Hello Willi

Thanks for opinion and i understand, but how would you explain for example the faded stamps in good used wrappers, m42 tunics, m43 tunics etc. Things like usage, dirt, sun wouldn't have so much influense as on the outside but things like washing, sweat, dirt would have influence on the inside, i guess. Why are stamps on the inside of for example used lw sidecaps faded so much?

Is it the used ink or the usage from other material. It was just an observation which catched my interest. I mean you would think that a stamp on the inside would fade through usage, sweat, washing, climate and time.

Regards

Erwin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X