Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrpass FJR9 MIA Falaise

Hi,
    Normally I don't collect FJ stuff, I found this Wehrpass quite neat.
    Though no other FJ entries, the Wehrpass has this quite nice entry saying that he went MIA 3.9.1944 in France while serving with the 2./Falsch. Jäger Regt. 9.

A note from the German Red Cross dated 16.11.1944 says he has become British POW
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Interesting Wehrpass. Such a meticulous method of record keeping back at the unit level when the guy FJ went missing.
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Interesting, at such a late time in the war the Wehrpaß should not have been sent to family as he had to be missing 2 years before classed as killed.

Seeing as they got news he was in British PoW captivity this was duly entered. This entry was made by his home Wehrmeldeamt in Minden. So that would indicate it had been sent at least to his home reporting office. Unfortunately the entry is not dated.

The FP Nr. correcsponds with his unit:

49235 - Stab I u. 1.-4. Kompanie Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 9.

C denoting 2 Kompanie.

/Ian
        Last edited by Ian Jewison; 04-19-2012, 04:48 AM.
        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Yes, nice piece !
          The date of 3 sept. can means that the man was taken POW in Mons pocket (Belgium), where the 3.FJD lost many soldiers. But it's impossible for Falaise (too late).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X