Comment

[ATTACH]2169607[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2169608[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]2169611[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2169612[/ATTACH]

Comment

Hi guys,
          I don't collect docs as I received this in a trade with an outstanding WAF member. FYI, held in customs for 6 weeks

The document group for Obergefreiten Johann O Ridderskamp of FJ Regt. 1.
          It sure looks like he saw a ton of action.

The FJ badge award doc is featured in Tom's outstanding FJ book which I'm sure you all have

Again, I don't collect docs so would greatly appreciate any & all thoughts/comments. I have no idea on value etc.

Thanks so much!
          FJ Johann O Ridderskamp Group 031.jpg

FJ Johann O Ridderskamp Group 037.jpg

Comment

Hi Greg,

Nice set of documents, glad you were able to pick this one up and finally get it in hand after a long wait.

As you know, this is one of the early, larger type documents and quite desirable compared to the later one. Also nice to see the control number in the bottom left hand corner, which were discountinued in 1941 for the para badges.

Tom
            If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
            [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
            Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Ah, a blast from the past! I used to own that grouping, and picked it up in 1991. It had been discovered in the former DDR from the FJ who was trapped behind the Iron Curtain. It was a large grouping which also contained his 1946 Soviet ID, if I am not mistaken. It was the first grouping I have seen with a sports badge, which is obviously unique because of the photo. The enlistment document is also unique.
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thanks Tom & Willi!!!

Willi, small world Wish the other items had remained a part...oh well.

Appreciate it!!

ps I love the Kreta doc as well!

Comment

Yes Greg, I thought this was a great group with the Russian Front service as well. I kept copies of all the groups I used to own so I will take a look and see if there were other documents.
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
                    Yes Greg, I thought this was a great group with the Russian Front service as well. I kept copies of all the groups I used to own so I will take a look and see if there were other documents.
                    Willi!

Comment

Outstanding grouping Greg congrats very very nice
                      The German Luftwaffe Pilot and Combined Pilot and Observer Badges of WWII 1933-1945
                      Volume I & Volume II

sigpic

Now Available
                      www.luftwaffepilotbook@gmail.com

Comment

Tremendous grouping!! I would guess that he would have had an EK doc as well, given his Kreta citation.

Comment

Agreed, he should at the very least also have an EKII but given his service record and rank quite possibly an EKI as well. The erdkampf though could also be a retrospective award. Getting a silver woundbadge means that he might have been only fit for depot and training duties after his wound.
                          Last edited by Simon O.; 04-17-2012, 01:17 AM.
                          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Great documents! Really like the 1940 paratrooper doc. !

Comment

Thanks a ton guys! I bet he did have an EK I &/or II, if so, you never know if those docs will turn up or they're gone forever.
                              Appreciate it!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X