Para knee pads opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Para knee pads opinions

Had these a long time but cannot say if they are German or Italian. No markings that can be seen.Any ideas?Thanks
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

hi actionoke
      I think these could also be linked to the White pads we discussed earlier also with the recent blue pads.
      I´ve in a long time be looking after pads with these studs which are in a more "relic" state, which could confirm or suggest that these pads have been around for years. And here are one.
      The straps are identical to the black straps, but just being sand/orange/pinkish of cause.

Hmm does these revive the discussion of white pads again??

Best Jan

Comment

I dont like these knee pads...

Comment

if you look these could be Italian as these were found here in South africa and we had alot of Italian POW s here with their kit .Any thoughts on this?

Comment

Originally posted by actionoke View Post
            if you look these could be Italian as these were found here in South africa and we had alot of Italian POW s here with their kit .Any thoughts on this?
            They are not Italian, but appear to be artificially over-aged copies of German knee pads.
            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

not at all these are sun bleached... if you had in your hand you would agree.

Comment

The metal fittings don't look like those on the white pads.

Sun bleached from what color though? There should some evidence of the original color somewhere if that is the case.
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I think they are the same Willi, take a look at the small rim that touch the leather is pointing upwards. I don´t see the metal as being artificial aged but of cause I´ll have to do a hands on examination to be sure. But if it is it is easily removed with a cloth as it hasn´t penetraded the metal so much.
                  actionoke can you take a closeup of the studs that are rusted?

And actionoke can you also take and a picture of the backside/underside of the studs, like this? Best Jan

Best Jan

Comment

close ups as requested
                    Attached Files

Comment

Other
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi actionoke
                        Thanks fo the closeups...
                        Hmm..For me the ageging looks real and convincing. and the top of the studs looks exactly the same all other original studs when ageging.

Best Jan

Comment

the typical colorspots change on original pads. just for comparison.

Comment

And the strap metal fittings; buckle and catch?
                            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Sorry thought you meant the studs. the buckles are of cause not.

although the catch could look the same just painted gray instead of blue on the White ones.

They also doesn´t seem to have the middelseam dividing the pads, as the white ones.

I think willis right about that these aren´t sunbleached, but that they just are dirty white. best Jan
                              Here´s a pair there are sunbleached.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X