X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare Sturmregiment Russia Grouping

Got this grouping some days ago ...

Isn´t it nice ?

But as a matter of fact Strumregiment is not really my collecting field ... So i think I would let it go for nice FJ Stuff ...

Regards
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

></O>Yes, this is an interesting set. <O></O>
        <O></O>
        The date on the EK II document suggests this was awarded for the fighting at Sobakino during the winter/spring of 1942. <O></O>
        <O></O>
        The Fallschirmschuetzen certificate suggests he was not officially a paratrooper when he was sent to the Russian front, since this was awarded during Oct 1942. There is some anecdotal evidence indicating that many of the post Crete FJ recruits bypassed the physical jump training and were sent to the Russian front during September 1941 to April 1942. This document perhaps confirms this? The late jump training may also explain why Rudolf did not join III./FJR.5 (Koch).
        <O></O>
        According to the final document he was killed in action on the Russian front just a few months later. The Volksbund states that he was killed near Matwejewo (Ribschewo / Duchowschtschina – Rußland), which would be positions held by FJR.3, so it appears he may have joined another unit after successfully completing his jump training. <O></O>

Regards<O></O>
        David<O></O>

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X