Emedals - Medalbook

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polish paratrooper (maybe Markez garden???)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polish paratrooper (maybe Markez garden???)

Guys, I need your help on this one. I found this VERY scarce photo of a polish paratrooper, probably member of the 1st indipendent Parachute brigade that jumped in Oosterbeek helping the brits in the operation Market Garden!

Can anyone ID this guy?
    Attached Files

Breda has very close ties with their (Polish) liberators; you might consider to send this museum located in Breda a mail. Hopefully they will be able to help you: info@maczekmuseum.nl

I also have a polish friend that has some connections, will ask him as well.

best,

Comment

Para

It came from my collection but I did not know his name.
      WJW

Comment

thanks for your help guys!

Comment

Here some very interesting informations from Rafal:

Hello,
          Yes, very nice photo of Polish trooper from 1st Independent Para Brigade.
          It's almost impossible to ID this man as it was a 2-3 thousands of them!
          And he is an ordinary private soldier.
          I am 99,9% sure that he didn't participate in MG operation.
          The photo comes from period of occupational duty in Germany (1945-48) - 1st IPB was "reinforced" by many ex-POWs, deserters from German Army, etc. - especially during a stay in Germany.
          They had a lack of proper uniform insignia - beret eagle, collar para patches so they used every available.
          Concerning this trooper - he has small garrison cap (overseas cap) eagle badge on his beret and also hand-made (workshop) paratrooper on his collar patch.
          But it's still very interesting photo.
          Rafal

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X